SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-01-07, 02:35 PM   #1
fullstop102

Default A Good reason not to state just how fast you were going.

http://www.sussexcarz.com/forum/uplo...=19267&page=42

Seems the guy lost control of his car hit a tree and then boasted about it. The newspapers and police got involved.

Go to the start of the thread to see the images. Shocking.
Old 25-01-07, 02:48 PM   #2
Baph

70mph (claimed) on ice. Intelligent.

Also that road is only straight for 700m, so taking into account that it's 70mph (claimed), you'd have to be taking bends at that speed (or close to it) too.

IMO, didn't get as much as he deserved.
Old 25-01-07, 02:48 PM   #3
Tomcat

couldn't face reading it all, they all sound like nob*ters anyway!
Old 25-01-07, 02:51 PM   #4
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat
couldn't face reading it all, they all sound like nob*ters anyway!
Especially him, who doesn't like to be called a liar, but has no problems about calling everyone else a "tw@". Oh well. I find it funny how his first line of defence is "your car s*cks, mine was better until I slammed it into a tree at 70 in a 40, because I didn't think there would be ice in the road"

Whatever.
Old 25-01-07, 02:56 PM   #5
DanDare

Grow up little boy!
Old 25-01-07, 03:02 PM   #6
fullstop102

Yeah reading it makes me glad I wasn't on my bike coming the other way!
Old 25-01-07, 04:25 PM   #7
Kylie

Ho hum, typical driving skills for those who cover their cars in "racing" text.

I like the accurate newspaper reporting from "The Argus". That R32 is a VW Golf apparently, wow the impact stretched it in to a japanese car!
Old 25-01-07, 04:50 PM   #8
Daimo

Easssy..

I've not read the post yet, and not been on SussexCars for quite a while, but it is an extremly good site with a lot of very high quality cars on there...

Again, some of you are branding people who modify cars as all the same... Shall i go on to say all you SV bikers are big, moustached and ride around in gangs????? Stop branding!!!!

Its people like him that give modified cars a bad name, many are not like that and I can vouch from personnally knowing a few users on the site that "most" are respectable people.

Before the preachers start, how many times have you done over 40mph in a 40mph limit, over 70mph on a motorway. Whether you like it or not, you have broken the law, you are just as bad, you just haven't bragged about it on a website.

Throw the book at that guy as far as im concerned. A danger on the road with no respect...

And whats that about converting cars to track kinda cars....?? (as im currently turning my 2.0 16v converted Corsa from a show car into a more track orientated car )

Rant mode button: OFF
Old 25-01-07, 05:01 PM   #9
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo
Its people like him that give modified cars a bad name, many are not like that and I can vouch from personnally knowing a few users on the site that "most" are respectable people.
totally agree, its t*55ers like him though that spoil things for everybody else. TBH the admin of that website and plenty of other people told him he was being a tw*t.

Some of the banter and micky taking is hilarious though.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-07, 05:09 PM   #10
DanAbnormal

......so let me get this straight. He travels on that road a lot so should know the layout, also as he knows something about weather due to his job he shoudl have been awareof the ice/fog. So he travels at almost twice the limit, wearing no seatbelt on an icy road. Jeez, brains of britain this one. Most people on that site gave him a good grilling because he was being so dumb and then he had the balls to try and tun it round on them, what a total complete and utter ****. There really is no other word for him.