SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-09-05, 10:37 PM   #1
chutz

Default Bennetts insurance...

I have been with bennetts insurance on the sv for nearly 2 years now and they were very cheap. However they don't do multi-bike policies so I would have had to take out 2 policies for the sv and the vfr. I looked into this and they quoted me £216 for the honda in adition to the £87 I pay for the sv. I thought not too bad until they said that my NCB could only be used on one of the policies so that would increase on of them by a minimum of £100 all because they won't do multi bike!! They would also charge twice for any extras. Naturally I said get stuffed, phoned Carole Nash and got both bikes cover for £216 inc breakdown/legal cover, any bike 3rd party, 35 days eu...

One happy bunny. Bennetts did nothing to try to keep my custom and would have cost me a fortune and they're supposed to be a "bike" insurer...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-09-05, 11:05 PM   #2
SteveH

Nice result I've only been with Carole Nash a year and I'am glad I was when my bike was nicked
Even though some staff don't know their arses from their elbows
when you do get the right person they are very helpfull
I have two tips for you when talking to Carole Nash with any problem you have (Which I hope you never do)
1 Always and I mean always take a name, don't matter if they give you the line "We leave our name on your file everytime we speak to you"
2 Just because they tell you "it's on my screen so it must be right" Neve take his/her word for it
Old 02-09-05, 09:06 AM   #3
SVeeedy Gonzales

Yeah, just be warned that when you have to deal with Carole Nash over a claim, they're a total pig to deal with... it almost feels like they're trying to make it difficult to get it sorted. Took me over 48 hours of repeated trying to report my accident because they were always "too busy" to take down my details. Pathetic.

Shame that Bennetts don't do multi bike... still, I'd rather pay the extra and use them over Carole Nash any day... so long as you don't need to make any claims then you won't have to deal with the poo service though... safe riding!
Old 02-09-05, 10:52 AM   #4
didge

im with bennetts i had a realy rude laidy setting mine up she tryed to make it as much as possible then rung em back and another laidy made it cheeper jsut by changing some questions that the other cow didnt ask me
Old 02-09-05, 12:18 PM   #5
SVeeedy Gonzales

Yep, you can always get one rubbish person... good to hear that you got someone better when calling back though!
Old 02-09-05, 05:59 PM   #6
chutz

I've been reading about your CN experiences...I take them under advisement and hope I don't need them. Bennetts said they may be doing multi policies in the near future but for now were happy to rip me off instead
Old 02-09-05, 06:27 PM   #7
WelshWop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVeeedy Gonzales
Yeah, just be warned that when you have to deal with Carole Nash over a claim, they're a total pig to deal with... it almost feels like they're trying to make it difficult to get it sorted. Took me over 48 hours of repeated trying to report my accident because they were always "too busy" to take down my details. Pathetic.

Shame that Bennetts don't do multi bike... still, I'd rather pay the extra and use them over Carole Nash any day... so long as you don't need to make any claims then you won't have to deal with the poo service though... safe riding!
Thats not the experiance ive had. When i called them about my accident they took all the details and were very helpful. And i cant fault them with the way there dealing with the claim so far.
Old 02-09-05, 07:24 PM   #8
wheelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by didge
im with bennetts i had a realy rude laidy setting mine up she tryed to make it as much as possible then rung em back and another laidy made it cheeper jsut by changing some questions that the other cow didnt ask me
Thats how the police work, oops , sorry that was another story :P

Up to now Bennetts have been very good, cheap and spot on with customer care, mind you I havent had a claim
Old 02-09-05, 09:17 PM   #9
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
Quote:
Originally Posted by didge
Thats how the police work, oops , sorry that was another story :P

Up to now Bennetts have been very good, cheap and spot on with customer care, mind you I havent had a claim
Bennetts weren't at all interested when I claimed, made me do all the donkey work. Happy? No.
Old 03-09-05, 10:38 AM   #10
Warren

i like carol nash , they quoted me happpy and the ride any other bike is a big bonus too

also get break down recovery (not sure how good that is tho)