SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-02-08, 07:09 PM   #11
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Evening....

A lot for a first bike, but many others have done it. All I can say is take your time to understand the machine. It'll go only as fast as the amount of throttle opening you give it

Matt
Old 18-02-08, 07:32 PM   #12
mastmunda

lol interesting comments. I actually came on here because I wanted to purchase an SV, look at the bright side I bought a Suzuki at least .

People on here are realy nice and I search the forums for advice so I am here to stay .
Old 18-02-08, 08:48 PM   #13
StreetHawk

Nothing wrong with a sports 600 as a first bike, I found a CBR600RR much better to learn on than an SV! But, this has been covered to death before!

You're right tho mate, this is a friendly forum , the best i've found thats why it's so popular, people who sell on the SV tend to stay on here
Old 18-02-08, 08:50 PM   #14
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
SV650 to zx6r?? Hardly a huge step up? I mean, what else could you have in between?

WRONG!!! trust me its a huge step up on all fronts, not least the performance!!
Old 18-02-08, 09:45 PM   #15
ASM-Forever

I think Warthog has been sufficiently reprimanded, so i won't bother to respond.
Old 18-02-08, 11:14 PM   #16
Brooga

Cool Re: Evening....

Take it easy on that thing Mastmunda! my recent off is evidence of what over confidence can do to a new rider oh and if you havent already, get leathers! /me kisses and cuddles his new leathers which saved him some major pain the very next day...
Old 18-02-08, 11:35 PM   #17
Ed

Yes very important to beware the throttle.

But equally if not more so to get used to the brakes. The bike will stop on a sixpence. Practice stopping!
Old 19-02-08, 06:08 PM   #18
svDaveC

Neio79 -would you recommend the move from SV to ZX6, I'm comtemplating trading in the old SV curvy for a new 2007 ZX-6R myself? If I can get affordable insurance that is. I've been on the SV for about 18 months, and on a GS500 for a couple of years before that... I've heard totally conflicting comments re the ZX - for some it's a doddle to ride and great fun, and others say it was a killer, high revs only etc.
Old 21-02-08, 12:38 PM   #19
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
WRONG!!! trust me its a huge step up on all fronts, not least the performance!!
Haha I have not been sufficiently reprimanded! I stand by my comment! I am not saying the ninja is no better than an sv, I am just saying that it seems a logical and fine progression! You can't buy 100 bikes in your lifetime each one 1 bhp more than the other to slowly build up can you? You have to make leaps. What would you buy after an sv and before a ss600 to make the transition smoother then???
Old 21-02-08, 01:13 PM   #20
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Warthog
+1, I understood you
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote