SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-01-11, 04:41 PM   #1081
ThEGr33k

Default Re: The MTB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
So ThEGr33k, who cares about your fancy "suspension", rigid is where it's at man. It's the future. Or the past, I get those 2 confused.

Aye... your probably right. I need tthe suspension to make up for my complete lack of skill
Old 21-01-11, 12:57 AM   #1082
northwind
Mega Poster

So I'm going racing again... 30th of January for the innerleithen enduro. Should be a laugh, it's a sort of rally format, 4 timed stages across the hill, you ride between them but only the descent times count. Not sure exactly what trails they're using but it says recommended full face helmet so it should be interesting stuff... And just for once I seem to have the correct bike for the sort of racing I'm doing

Anyone else got anything interesting planned?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-11, 09:51 AM   #1083
ThEGr33k

Not much really... Just cant wait for the summer to get out and enjoy it more!!!

You got a fullface helmet then? Probably something I should invest in at some point!

Did go out for a 30 mile ride (bear in mind that my fitness sucks atm) and im surprised how good a 200mm travel FR bike is at XC... some of the looks I was getting from the XC people when they saw me with the Boxxers was interesting! Probably would have been easier with thinner tyre's though tbh!
Old 21-01-11, 10:07 AM   #1084
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Anyone else got anything interesting planned?
Umming and Ahhing over doing some of the MTB marathon series this year, there are 3 fairly handy for me. It's the entry fees putting me off, £30 to go beast yourself for 4+ hours!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-11, 10:31 AM   #1085
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

For me it will be a case of getting out and about with peeps from here and my mate Al.

Next plan I think is a trip to Cannock Chase. Then there was talk of doing another org one in March / April to mid Wales. However with a big stag do, end of April may not be able to afford it.

Over the summer though planning loads. Want to do Afan and will also be heading to France for two weeks on hols. Most of this will involve MTB. Staying in an area South East of Disneyland Paris in the hills and countryside. Can't wait.

My next hope is maybe Scotland at somepoint in 2012, probably a week up at the 7stanes area.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-11, 10:45 AM   #1086
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Did go out for a 30 mile ride (bear in mind that my fitness sucks atm) and im surprised how good a 200mm travel FR bike is at XC... some of the looks I was getting from the XC people when they saw me with the Boxxers was interesting! Probably would have been easier with thinner tyre's though tbh!
Heh... Me and a mate did a push-up downhill day at Innerleithen last week but I'm too posh to push so bullied him into riding up instead... Me on the Hemlock but with enormous downhill tyres, full face helmet, armour suit etc and him on an Orange 224. We looked a little odd I think lumbering up the climbs

Last edited by northwind; 21-01-11 at 10:54 AM.
Old 21-01-11, 11:39 AM   #1087
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Heh... Me and a mate did a push-up downhill day at Innerleithen last week but I'm too posh to push so bullied him into riding up instead... Me on the Hemlock but with enormous downhill tyres, full face helmet, armour suit etc and him on an Orange 224. We looked a little odd I think lumbering up the climbs

Sounds like fun ha ha.
Old 24-01-11, 07:03 PM   #1088
Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Umming and Ahhing over doing some of the MTB marathon series this year, there are 3 fairly handy for me. It's the entry fees putting me off, £30 to go beast yourself for 4+ hours!
Same here. You do get a t-shirt though, and free pasta before the race...
Old 24-01-11, 07:36 PM   #1089
northwind
Mega Poster

I don't think I'll be doing any more XC races, 10 Under the Ben cured me of that it's just like riding your bike, only worse.
Old 24-01-11, 08:02 PM   #1090
ThEGr33k

On a happy note. My shock is here!!!! On a sad note, im yet to buy the expensive mounts for it

Quote:
I don't think I'll be doing any more XC races, 10 Under the Ben cured me of that it's just like riding your bike, only worse.

Care to elaborate?