SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-03-06, 03:54 PM   #1
Demonz

Default New Bikes

Is it me or is there so many good deals out at the moment on new bikes?

I am not looking to buy until the end of May but Ive been back and forth now over a few options. I wouldnt mind going upto a 1000cc so have been looking at the SV1000 also Aprilia's RSV and Tuono.

The Tuono seems to be winning for me - i've never been a big fan of naked bikes but this seems to have a good pedigree plus a little unusual looking. Trying to line up a test ride seems to be a problem around my area though. The other one I like is the new ZX6. Anything more than this and the insurance scares me back to reality... that as well as the thought of my first BIG bike makes me go middle ground rather than the big step.

Has anyone else been tempted for a change if so what? Anyone ridden the Tuono - or know of any issues (other than the acquired taste)? their forum is rubbish.
Old 31-03-06, 04:00 PM   #2
Peter Henry

I rode a few miles alongside one leaving Jerez at the weekend,it was English plated too! Looked very sweet to me!
Old 31-03-06, 05:18 PM   #3
kwak zzr

i was thinking of changing to a sv1000 but if funds allowed it would be a tuono.
Old 31-03-06, 05:22 PM   #4
jim@55

if i was upgrading and was considering a naked id consider a SPEED TRIPLE ,very nice /fast/blah,blah,blah.its made over here too ,gets my vote
Old 31-03-06, 06:14 PM   #5
Toypop

I think they must be trying to kick start bike sales after a really crappy winter and still no sign of decent weather. The season should have started by now but we have had salt, then non stop rain and the salt will be back again next week. Thats six months of salting around my way!!

You can get the new ZX6 for £5999 pre reg or the old shape for £4999.

Go for it! With stupid asking prices on used bikes in my area it makes sense to buy new.
Old 31-03-06, 07:02 PM   #6
kwak zzr

its the stupid part x they give you on yours tho.
Old 31-03-06, 07:11 PM   #7
mburnstead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
its the stupid part x they give you on yours tho.
That's not always true - I bought my R6 brand new for 5399 (already a really good price) and they offered me 900 quid trade in for the old and crappy ER5 that belonged to a mate and who wanted rid of it. (He bought my SV off me, so it was a 3-way deal!)

I nearly pulled the salesman's arm off in my eagerness to shake on the deal - I'd have been happy with 700 for the ER5!!
Old 31-03-06, 07:39 PM   #8
Demonz

I'll be selling my curvy after i finish my bike safe course at the end of April - have to get the insurance down I was offered a trade 2.2 px which was £100 less than what i wanted. So it wasnt to bad without any haggeling.
Old 31-03-06, 07:42 PM   #9
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
I rode a few miles alongside one leaving Jerez at the weekend,it was English plated too! Looked very sweet to me!
... before swiftly pulling away...

"Sweet" Thats what ive been told about my SV. Watch it - im starting to get a complex with my bike choice....
Old 31-03-06, 07:45 PM   #10
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

I wanted to have a change ofbike so looked at the nomall suspects - sv1000, ss6oo, blade etc etc in the end i went for a daytona 955i. it's got the same insurance group as a cbr600rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (i think) and is a fantastic bike even if i do say so myself