SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-05-16, 07:00 PM   #3381
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

a manic street preacher is a person who rants in public places on a 'soap box' such people include religious preachers, conspiracy theorists and people who just have an axe to grind.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-16, 07:32 PM   #3382
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

My boss has random rants, and also random muttering sessions. I have a bell like the ones on a concierge desk and when he starts I ding it and he has to stop. The rest of the department can't believe I have got a 'shut the boss up' bell.
Old 18-05-16, 07:56 PM   #3383
PyroUK
Mega Poster

The sheer stupidity of the driver of the black car in this video....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...165824638&_rdr
Old 18-05-16, 09:08 PM   #3384
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroUK View Post
The sheer stupidity of the driver of the black car in this video....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...165824638&_rdr
so a biker going too fast and not looking 5ft in front of his noise is not to blame. its not like the car just jumped out in front of him.

you just need to see the amount of smoke from his tyres to see he was going too fast. classic example of 'brain off and eyes elsewhere'. he had plenty of time to swerve or come to a halt but panic braked and lost control due to not being prepared due to not looking where he wanted to go and going too fast. it looks like a 30mph to me so should have been able to stop or swerve no problem.

this is what happens when two idiots come together.
Old 18-05-16, 09:18 PM   #3385
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Oh there's plenty wrong there you're right, but the driver turning down the road far too early is what gets me.

He was giving it some on the busy road so what followed is his fault as well.

Just grinds my gears when drivers try to get down a side road past the traffic like that.

There is a road near me where something similar happens a lot and it's a miracle no one has been killed yet
Old 18-05-16, 09:23 PM   #3386
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Gripe of the day - What is yours?

I like the comment on Facebook telling the biker to spend £2 to get a hi-viz. Like that would have prevented him going too fast.

I once got a £2 hi-viz and wore it on the way to work. Actually I wore it half way to work. Or did I wear half of it to work? Suffice to say it wasn't in good enough condition to wear home again.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-16, 09:23 PM   #3387
Bibio
Mega Poster

i would do the same, a cars length in traffic or the potential of 10min wait... ermm yes please. but if i had seen the biker i would have mounted the pavement to get out his way and not sit there like a rabbit in headlights.
Old 19-05-16, 12:54 PM   #3388
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

The IT department are having an evening out at the Ace Cafe and I'd been invited to join them. Just before I got my leathers on I decided to check the traffic news - A12 and M25 closed due to a big accident so I gave up, put a frock on and got the train. With a helmet, jacket, gloves and kevlar jeans in my bag to loan to a female colleague who is going up there pillion with another member of staff.

On the upside, I may miss the Ace but I am instead going to a champagne reception with the Army, Navy and RAF cricket teams after their match finishes tonight.
Old 19-05-16, 05:50 PM   #3389
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
The IT department are having an evening out at the Ace Cafe and I'd been invited to join them. Just before I got my leathers on I decided to check the traffic news - A12 and M25 closed due to a big accident so I gave up, put a frock on and got the train. With a helmet, jacket, gloves and kevlar jeans in my bag to loan to a female colleague who is going up there pillion with another member of staff.

On the upside, I may miss the Ace but I am instead going to a champagne reception with the Army, Navy and RAF cricket teams after their match finishes tonight.
What, another one! We spent 2 hours getting from City Airport to Tilbury on Tuesday night after an accident on the Dartford Crossing. It really does baffle me, as to why major accidents happen in good driving conditions.

There was a 7 vehicle pile up on the M3 - M27 junction this morning, the tail back was at least 10 miles. Thankfully we avoided that one, I've had my fill of sitting in traffic jams this week.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-16, 09:45 PM   #3390
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

The Army won for the fourth year in a row. And after the reception I was persuaded to join the Army captain and his team in the pub. Even without drinking it's still turned into a late night and I have to be at work tomorrow at 8am and work until late.