SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-03-08, 04:53 PM   #31
melody

Default Re: whats ur biggest gripe about the uk?

Being blamed for just about everything that is wrong with the UK because I'm an immigrant.

The weather.
Old 24-03-08, 04:57 PM   #32
John 675

no only the daily star reading simple people actually blame the indevidual.. anyone that understands blames the government for not having correct equal policys

besides.. everyone is an imigrant at some point in time im 1/4 irish 1/4 scotch 1/2 english...

say no more
Old 24-03-08, 05:15 PM   #33
shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
no only the daily star reading simple people actually blame the indevidual.. anyone that understands blames the government for not having correct equal policys

besides.. everyone is an imigrant at some point in time im 1/4 irish 1/4 scotch 1/2 english...

say no more
+1
Old 24-03-08, 10:05 PM   #34
Gordon B

While I agree that there are far worse places to live two things get my goat.

1. Our lack of winning attitude. We always seem to cheer the underdog and celebrate people who don't win as national heroes. We'll never have a winning sports team as long as this attitude continues. And none competitive sports days......

2. The fact that we are ashamed to be English. I am personally proud of my heritage and history and will tell anyone who cares to listen how great it is to be from this country, even if our football/cricket teams suck. (See point 1). We produce possibly the best music in the world presently, the Premier League is the most watched league in the world with all the cream of the worlds footballers falling over themselves to come here, James Bond would kick Indiana Jones ass any day of the week. Alot of the best video games are made in this country. Cup of tea anyone....I could go on.....
Old 24-03-08, 10:59 PM   #35
northwind
Mega Poster

People who moan on and on about the nanny state
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-08, 11:07 PM   #36
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
Our bend over backwards for anyone minotiry or not native attitude, whilr we f**k over the decent law obiding tax paying majority!!!
+1
Old 24-03-08, 11:12 PM   #37
kwak zzr

mmmm looks like TAX is a biggy, i wonder how much of you hard earnt cash is used up on paying tax? income tax should be enuf but NO everything else u buy has tax on too? i know i speak the obvious but i bet 50% net pay is tax.
Old 24-03-08, 11:14 PM   #38
Ed

The problem is that after many years of successive Tory governments successfully dismantling government, we have had 11 years of this shower making government grow faster than anything else. This is why tax is so high - it's needed to pay for it all. What makes it worse is that we are so used to all the lies that have been peddled to hide it that we don't listen any more.

It's actually my biggest gripe too. Overbearing and mendacious government.
Old 25-03-08, 10:10 AM   #39
Alpinestarhero

Petrol prices are one thing, but I wont complain until it costs me more than £15 to fill my bike up from when the light comes on.

I dont like the feeling of speed camera's everywhere, I dont trust their calibration.

ANd I HATE THE STATE OF THE ROADS!!!!! most are falling apart
Old 25-03-08, 10:21 AM   #40
plowsie

Tax