SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Which weekend CAN you attend?
21st and 22nd November 2009 (+ Friday) 4 44.44%
23rd and 24th January 2010 2 22.22%
30th and 31st January 2010 (+ Friday) 2 22.22%
27th and 28th February 2010 4 44.44%
6th and 7th March 2010 (+ Friday) 8 88.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-10-09, 06:47 AM   #1
Von Teese

Default Oh No! ...Not another Burlesque party thread (this time with poll)

Ok so first off I must apologise for cancelling the last planned weekend.
Especially to Gracie who lost her train ticket fare as a result (sorry hon)

However I think it was the right thing to do as it ended up being just before the funeral.

So now I have a few dates to put on the cards, the one that gets the most votes will be the weekend it will go ahead.

I will ask that if you vote then unless something dire happens then you honour your commitment otherwise it may affect someone else's vote that would have turned up.

The new dates are up and the ones which have (+ Friday) on them means that there is an option of going into London on Friday afternoon for a shopping spree and possibly meet up with the Soho Massive afterwards and then maybe dinner somewhere.

Last edited by Von Teese; 22-10-09 at 06:56 AM.
Old 22-10-09, 09:06 AM   #2
Purplevamp

Default Re: Oh No! ...Not another Burlesque party thread (this time with poll)

I think next year is better now what with the expence of Christmas coming up. Also it will be a touch better weather? Hopefully lol.
Old 22-10-09, 09:12 AM   #3
Von Teese

Yes but I guess if everyone wanted to meet up just for the Saturday in November this year and do the hair and make up and the pastie classes and the other bits and grab a take away and just have a social evening for a laugh it might be a mini get-together so to speak.

Then in March, we can have a big proper one with the shopping and rideout?
Thoughts on this girls?
Old 22-10-09, 09:49 AM   #4
Amanda M

Hiya,

Unfortunately I'll have to give it a miss because I'll be into the last couple of months of writing my MPhil thesis by then and I'll be working non-stop to get it done by the end of march If there's anything else planned later next year I'd be well up for it cos it all sounds like a huge amount of fun and it'd be great to meet you all.

Have fun

Amanda
Old 22-10-09, 10:29 AM   #5
Milky Bar Kid

VT - Our Leave is still being discussed for next year and I certainly have none between now and then but as soon as I know if I can make any of the above dates, I'll let you know.
Old 22-10-09, 10:46 AM   #6
vixis

can do the nov and march dates, voted for the march date, but can only do the friday from after work time i.e. meet up in soho etc.
Old 22-10-09, 11:00 AM   #7
Graciepants

cant do the january and feb ones as its around exams. would rather do november than march as march is 5/6 months away but i voted for both so whatever is best. agree with purple vamp about it being better weather for a rideout in march.
Old 22-10-09, 03:10 PM   #8
Fizzy Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Teese View Post
Yes but I guess if everyone wanted to meet up just for the Saturday in November this year and do the hair and make up and the pastie classes and the other bits and grab a take away and just have a social evening for a laugh it might be a mini get-together so to speak.

Then in March, we can have a big proper one with the shopping and rideout?
Thoughts on this girls?
I have new shoes and make up ready to wear, and they've told me that they absolutely definitely can't possibly wait til March!

Plus I'm really looking forward to meeting the other girls as well and having a bit of a girlie get together. So I'm def up for the idea of doing something in November, and then we could have a bigger event when more people can make it in March. And I might even have got enough money together by then to buy some more lovely outfits to wear

Yay, great to know we're back on again!!

PS. The only dates I can't do are the two late January weekends, as will be in Oz, so purlease don't make it then!
Old 22-10-09, 03:19 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

i dont care when this is, i'll still show up and peep thru the gap in the curtains
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-09, 03:30 PM   #10
Fizzy Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
i dont care when this is, i'll still show up and peep thru the gap in the curtains
Like a fly on the wall...or should that be spider? ...or will you be eating the flies on the wall while peering through the curtains?

uh-oh I think I feel another derail coming on! Quick, find a mod! er....