SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Is she right?
Yes, they should be banned, so should hats, beards etc 17 38.64%
No, what a load of crap 18 40.91%
Typical BBC... 9 20.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-05-05, 09:56 AM   #21
Viney
Mega Poster

I dont think that these people are trying to ban hoodies as an item of clothing, but the wearing of the hoods up, or caps on indoors. That i dont see a problem with, unless youa re having a bad hair day (Like lee most days, hence his disgust)

With CCTV being more popular nowdays, and trying to clamp down on anti social behaviour, then not being able to see that little chavs face could be a problem. So there is a good reason.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-05, 10:01 AM   #22
Grinch

You think thats bad.. what about all those thugs with those crash helmets on.
Old 13-05-05, 10:01 AM   #23
Captain Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVeeedy Gonzales
It's not like chavs are hard to spot... but wearing a cap or hoodie doesn't automatically make you a chav.

eerrrrrrr..........it does

i have a goatee beard, but not cos im trying to hide anything its just that im pug ugly...
Old 13-05-05, 10:02 AM   #24
Sudoxe

Ban hoodies. Ban kids as well. Unless they are shopping they shouldn't be in the damned shopping centre hasseling people trying to buy cds and shirts.

I feel it would be perfectly reasonable to shoot on site anyone wearing a hoodie, with the hood up inside a shopping centre. It doesn't rain inside, and its most likely not sunny in there either.

Oh andl ban old people as well, them sticks they carry are an offencive weapon. And i feel intimidated when they are arround.

Dan
Old 13-05-05, 10:04 AM   #25
Bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVeeedy Gonzales
Isn't this the same thing as identifying people as troublemakers because they're the wrong colour? Or sex? Or religion?

Or picking out people speeding rather than dangerous drivers?

What happened to just picking out the troublemakers rather than just going for whatever is the easy option?

It's not like chavs are hard to spot... but wearing a cap or hoodie doesn't automatically make you a chav.

Plus I bet all the shops in Bluewater will still be selling caps and hoodies, etc. - funny, that!
(Politician mode) Here Here old chap!

It's another discrimination that would never be tolerated if it was based on colour, race, religion etc. Target the individuals rather than make assumptions on their behaviour by their clothing.
Old 13-05-05, 10:13 AM   #26
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudoxe

Oh andl ban old people as well, them sticks they carry are an offencive weapon. And i feel intimidated when they are arround.

Dan
Ban their 'silent-drive' stealth motorcycles that they go hairing up and down shopping arcades on too. When I ride my bike through a shopping centre, which is far less dangeorus thanks to the noise it makes, they call the police, but the old people get away with it time and time again. I dunno one rule for some, another for the young.
Old 13-05-05, 10:38 AM   #27
Balky001
Mega Poster

To answer an earlier question I understand the shops in Bluewater cannot sell hoodies or caps anymore.

Seems people in general (me too no doubt!) like to moan whatever the situation is. I'm sure there have been a few dozen threads going on about how too PC everyone is and when a problem is identified councils/Gov't/police are too afraid to do anything for fear of upset the PC do-gooder brigade. If hoodies are a problem in Bluewater and customers are being intimidated (whether founded or not) by groups of (up to 60-100) youths then if they did nothing then they are not facing the problem. I doubt if the ban is the best solution but if CCTV has made town centres safer etc, then stopping that safety measure working surely should be prevented. Of course, the knock on effect will be about human rights, other poeple's clothes, maybe motorbikes and blah blah blah. Just glad to see soemone not bowing to the PC's of this world and making a statement and facing a problem without fearing backlash.

Whether the Gov't should be making policy is another matter. Knee jerk and short term solutions are OK for a small PLC, but for legislation or policy - something a little more substantial and long term is required.
Old 13-05-05, 11:00 AM   #28
Nick762

OK, how does this sound...

Shave your head completely to provide an unobstructed view at all times.

Wear a T-shirt with no pockets in which you can hide contraband.

Jeans should also be worn as being tight they are difficult to conceal such undesirable items as stolen goods or drugs. Also braces in preference to a belt which can of course be used as an offensive weapon.

Shiny boots are a must, a pair of Dr Martins for example with an immaculate spit polish must surely denote good character.

In fact this chap is a prime example of the sort of person any shop keeper would be delighted to see....

Old 13-05-05, 11:08 AM   #29
hall13uk

hey if the security guards are having trouble id 'ing people maybe they would like the public to wear security tags so they can pin point are excat location at all times while doing are shopping

worlds gone mad
Old 13-05-05, 11:15 AM   #30
Clunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Bring back the Birch I say
This is what we need, a return to corporal punishment in schools.

The kids who behave anti-socially have no respect for authority. They know they are virtually untouchable and keep pushing the boundaries.
They need to know that their actions WILL result in punishment.
At the moment there is no detterent and things will only get worse.

The government hasn't got the balls to do anything about, all they do is talk with no action.