SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-02-10, 06:25 PM   #11
warrenhewitt10

Default Re: How do you test a flasher relay?

nono its great, £8 = 350km, fill it up like once a month, and all ive needed to replace before now was er......an indicator relay....
Old 20-02-10, 06:36 PM   #12
carternd

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenhewitt10 View Post
nono its great, £8 = 350km, fill it up like once a month, and all ive needed to replace before now was er......an indicator relay....
Dirt cheap too, I looked on ebay, and a new one was £599! I paid 300 last year for a pushbike, and it's only got 1 gear!

I had a chinese 125 for a year though, a Shineray! Piece of rubbish. I had to make braces for the headlight and put a trailer back light on it because the OE lights vibrated so much they blew bulbs as soon as it got dark, the plastic panels broke and fell off the sides, the centrestand spring broke when i was maxing it at 60-odd down a dual carriageway and that obliterated itself, and the reg/rec snapped off the frame, ended up screwed to the airbox. Bloody deathtrap! Could have been a bad one though...

Try and get a relay for a japanese 125, say a Honda CG, can't be much difference, and at least it won't be made of cheese and elastic bands.
Old 20-02-10, 06:42 PM   #13
warrenhewitt10

mine cost me £100, the guy just wanted rid of it , its a 2005 with 15,000km on it now lol hasnt broken down on me once, more reliable than the SV lol will have owned it a year from the start of march! fantastic little bike lol
Old 21-02-10, 02:09 PM   #14
carternd

Well for that money, who cares? indicate with your hands and ride it into the ground. Tried it off-road yet?