SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 24-11-04, 06:16 PM   #21
rukus

Me too, in my bout of insomnia the other night I had them to within about 5mm of the edge on the back and could have had it over further,

'Don't believe the hype'
Old 26-11-04, 06:15 PM   #22
Wiltshire7

ffs, who to believe? everyone cant be right! cant they?
Old 26-11-04, 07:03 PM   #23
jonboy

If Sid Squid says they're alright on his SV thou, then I for one would give that a fair amount of credence. Dealers tend to tell you about what they want to sell you.

Old 26-11-04, 09:08 PM   #24
Carsick

Also recommended to me by a guy who has them on his Fazer 1000.

I think they're great on my 650.
Old 07-12-04, 07:34 PM   #25
kebabman

Just had a set of these fitted to replace the factory D220's, very good tyres IMO, dealer actually recommended them where I was

Anyway, bike feels much more secure especially in the wet.....although my old rear was very square. Most importantly, they're cheap
Old 07-12-04, 08:52 PM   #26
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebabman
Most importantly, they're cheap
Yeah, I like that too.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-04, 08:21 AM   #27
gixxilla

Anyone know what kind of mileage these tyres are getting?
Old 12-12-04, 02:38 PM   #28
rukus

sorry, I'm on my second rear cos of a darn nail so not sure as yet... was on 2000 with pleeeeeenty left when I had to get a new one though
Old 12-12-04, 05:46 PM   #29
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxilla
Anyone know what kind of mileage these tyres are getting?
The rear Conti on my SV1000 has ~6500/7000 miles on it, gone a bit square now - but that's down to the use it's had of course, loads of town commuting - but I'm very pleased with how long it's lasted, I guesstimate another 1500-2000 left in it. Front is barely marked.

I'd be interested to see how long they would last on an SV 'Lite' , less weight and torque could possibly even make these 10,000 mile tyres.

Initial inpressions of grip and handling have been reinforced in the time I've had them, and they are particularly good in the wet.

I cannot possibly understand what 'issues' have been raised over these tyres, they are excellent all rounders, particularly so in the wet, sensibly priced and definately long lasting, these are very clearly tyres intended for road use, and their function is obviously biased toward that, if that's what you need, buy some, I heartily recommend them for that.

If you want tyres that are shagged in 1500 miles, so that everyone can see what a 'geezer' you are, spend your money elsewhere.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-05, 10:25 AM   #30
cb9002

Road Attacks are great! Done 500 miles on them now, and I've been leaning more and taking corners quicker since I rode out of the shop (previously D207s).

At 160 quid for the pair, can't beat them, at least for my use - commuting and IAM at the weekends.