SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-06-20, 10:57 PM   #91
Ruffy

Default Re: Solar panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Well the tariff I was going for (Octopus Agile) was capped at an expensive 33p/KWh but the average was much lower. In times of low demand and high wind the rate quite often turns negative and you get paid to take from the grid. It suited my use pattern and by shifting heavy power draw to cheaper times I may save more. However, I was expecting that over time the cheaper low demand times would get less and less as time of use tariffs became more common and other people joined in to spread the load.
Useful insight into recent real world example, thanks. I think it sort of aligns with my expectation but of course that doesn't mean that early adoption won't give saving in the short term if the usage pattern works for you. Shame you're having to battle tech issues to make it happen.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 09:43 AM   #92
ethariel

Default Re: Solar panels

Have a look at the FIT Table if you were a really early adopter in Solar then you are on a real winner, not so much now at all.

If you jumped in back in 2011 your FIT is 4.7x higher on Solar and/or 5.18x highrt on Wind compared to the current 'Starting out' rates.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote