SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-12-04, 11:48 PM   #1
jj003

Default who can fit a hamicad fender eliminator for me?

Anyone know of a bike shop that can fit a hamicad for me, in order to clean up the rear...? thanks
Old 08-12-04, 11:56 PM   #2
chutz

do it yourself!!!! It's easy, takes an hour or so and not worth paying someone to f**K it up.

remove seat, rear seat ...pop out the plastic thingies that hold rear end together....muller a few bits... you get the picture.The Hamicad comes with instructions if I remember right so go for it
Old 08-12-04, 11:57 PM   #3
Carsick

The instructions really are very good, the only pain I found was forcing the rubber wotsits through on the number plate light.
Old 09-12-04, 08:09 PM   #4
jj003

does the kit, which i see one orders from the states..come with indicators too? sorry to be such a ninkumpoop...spelling?
Old 09-12-04, 08:13 PM   #5
Carsick

I was under the impression hamicad were UK based. Mine certainly arrived pretty quickly.
No indicators are included, it's literally just a metal bracket to replace the massive plastic thing.
You also might need to transfer the little indicator mounting thingies to the new bracket to make the OE ones fit.
Old 09-12-04, 08:51 PM   #6
Cloggsy

Default Re: who can fit a hamicad fender eliminator for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj003
Anyone know of a bike shop that can fit a hamicad for me, in order to clean up the rear...? thanks
This* is a great 'How to...' for removing the tail section - I used it when I fitted my Hamicad

(*) From 'Adam's SV page'
Old 09-12-04, 09:04 PM   #7
coombest

Quote:
does the kit, which i see one orders from the states..come with indicators too? sorry to be such a ninkumpoop...spelling?
Errr... Hamicad are indeed a UK based company.

Their website makes no mention of an address and even tells people who are not UK based that they should use the currency converter provided and allow longer for shipping than if you were in the UK.

It sounds like you may have seen it advertised by someone other than Hamicad themselves... This is their own website: http://www.hamicad.co.uk

HTH
Old 09-12-04, 09:28 PM   #8
Sudoxe

If you need a hand I can drop by. However the instructions make it so easy that even I could fit it! (And did, twice!)

Dan
Old 09-12-04, 09:46 PM   #9
BillyC
Mega Poster

Default Re: who can fit a hamicad fender eliminator for me?

Quote:
If you can wait till Xmas-New Year, I'll come over and show you how to fit it!
Old 09-12-04, 10:08 PM   #10
Mr Toad

bring it along to Nero's one night, with a selection of spanners, and I'm sure it'll get done