SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-06-08, 06:01 PM   #1
Neil63

Default Yeehaa

Just fitted a Yoshi can and Pipercross filter, and had the bike dyno'd and re-mapped on a Yoshi-box ... What a difference! Hard to credit how much better it feels. Top power remains more or less the same (~72.5bhp), which is just fine but there was a gap between 4 and 7k rpm that's now up by 5-6bhp. It honestly pulls better in the mid-range.

And I didn't know what an induction growl was ... fantastic. I am a very happy man!

Smiling stupidly

Last edited by Neil63; 25-06-08 at 07:58 PM.
Old 25-06-08, 09:33 PM   #2
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: Yeehaa

I fitted a K&N and lifted the front of the tank 10mm, plus took the snorkel off. The induction sound is so good I've put the baffle back in the Leo Vince......
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-08, 10:26 PM   #3
Neil63

Default Re: Yeehaa

I know. It's odd. I thought I was picking up the new exhaust note but it's pretty clear that most of what I can hear when I'm riding is induction.

I know we should all be "right-on" and "eco" but these bikes (all bikes?) change so much for the better when they are allowed to breathe properly!!

And, I rode down to Poole Quay last night with my sister, who's a mad Harley rider/fan who now thinks the SVs are pretty cool.

... On reflection, I'm not sure how much of an endorsement that is though