SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 23-03-12, 12:03 AM   #1
svrich

Default My insight into Reeder's crash

I've been struggling to put all this in place since I first heard yesterday. It didn't feel real at all. I decided to visit the site this afternoon to put some sort of reality on it and begin to say my goodbyes.
I know the bend well and have run a little wide a couple of times on it myself, but have always been within my limits and got round. It's a deceptive wide sweep but tightens up slightly as it also goes a little up hill. I'm no accident investigator but it looks very much like the fella ran out of road width, low sided, mounted the curb and made contact with the tree.
This link is from the local paper. You can see the marks on the road and curb. The contact was with the first tree.
http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/ne...pton_1_1325908
If he had been a foot either left or right he would have been posting an 'Ouch, my first off hurts' as there is a massive field of veg behind
Be happy where you are fella. We'll catch up some day.

Old 23-03-12, 10:00 AM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: Sad News RIP Reeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrich View Post
I've been struggling to put all this in place since I first heard yesterday. It didn't feel real at all. I decided to visit the site this afternoon to put some sort of reality on it and begin to say my goodbyes.
I know the bend well and have run a little wide a couple of times on it myself, but have always been within my limits and got round. It's a deceptive wide sweep but tightens up slightly as it also goes a little up hill. I'm no accident investigator but it looks very much like the fella ran out of road width, low sided, mounted the curb and made contact with the tree.
This link is from the local paper. You can see the marks on the road and curb. The contact was with the first tree.
http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/ne...pton_1_1325908
If he had been a foot either left or right he would have been posting an 'Ouch, my first off hurts' as there is a massive field of veg behind
Be happy where you are fella. We'll catch up some day.

Dont want to derail this thread so i'll keep it short.

Jeez thats bloody unlucky on that corner, doesnt look a particulary tight corner and its fairly open with no gates and hedges to hit, proper unlucky there

Old 24-03-12, 08:15 PM   #3
alextg

Default My insight into Reeder's crash

A lot of people are asking about what happened to Andy and how it happened. The A145 is a popular biker road in my area and I ride it almost every time I'm out in the area.

I rode the bent a few times, I noticed that foliage hid part of the bend, making it appear not as sharp as it is. There are many factors which could be taken into account which may come to light in the future.

According to nation statistics, there as been one serious and one minor accident on this bend from 2000-2010. A total of 4 fatal accidents now stand on the A145.

Entry to the bend:

Point where Reeder lost control:

Contact marks made by Reeder's SV650 (can't confirm it, but its highly likely)

Point where his bike dug in:

Tree which he struck:

Last edited by alextg; 24-03-12 at 10:44 PM.

Old 24-03-12, 08:15 PM   #4
alextg

Default Re: My insight into Reeder's crash

Also, if anyone is offended by any of this please contact me asap and I'll take them down.

Old 24-03-12, 08:18 PM   #5
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Hmmmmmm.

Baited breath.
Old 24-03-12, 08:20 PM   #6
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Awful badluck, I'm sure the facts will come out.
Old 24-03-12, 08:23 PM   #7
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm not offended. in fact thank you for this as it has now put my mind at a little more ease about it all. it has also hit home more that he really is gone.

thank you

Lance
Old 24-03-12, 08:24 PM   #8
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i'm not offended. in fact thank you for this as it has now put my mind at a little more ease about it all. it has also hit home more that he really is gone.

thank you

Lance
Here here

Thanks for this Alex

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
Old 24-03-12, 08:26 PM   #9
MisterTommyH

Thanks Alex.

I think everyone will agree that it seems like terrible bad luck.
Old 24-03-12, 08:28 PM   #10
missyburd

Such a small tree to cause such damage
Thankyou for taking the time to post however people take it though Alex. The thread title speaks for itself, if people don't want to know they don't have to read.

Closed Thread