SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-10-14, 08:31 AM   #1
CharleyFarley

Default F1/Bianchi

Hoping its not the worst news!!!!
Car off/damaged tyre wall......
Bianchi came off moments later.....looking like he hit a JCB!!! Race red flagged/abandoned!!
Only news 'driver unresponsive!!!
Best of wishes.......

"Gas it w###a".........
Old 05-10-14, 09:07 AM   #2
CharleyFarley

Default F1/Bianchi

In wet conditions, the 25-year-old's incident, which led to the race being called off, happened shortly after the rain intensified.
Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg, who finished second to team-mate Lewis Hamilton, said: "My thoughts are with my colleague. They have given us some information and it seems very, very serious."
Hamilton said he had heard Bianchi was "severely injured".

"Gas it w###a".........
Old 05-10-14, 12:01 PM   #3
CharleyFarley

Default F1/Bianchi

Marussia driver Jules Bianchi has suffered a "severe" head injury in a crash at the Japanese Grand Prix.
The FIA said the Frenchman is in surgery and will be moved to intensive care afterwards.
Bianchi, 25, was unconscious as he was taken to hospital following the incident which brought the rain-affected race to an early conclusion.
He lost control at the same spot on the Suzuka circuit where recovery vehicles were attending a previous crash.

"Gas it w###a".........
Old 05-10-14, 03:35 PM   #4
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Default F1/Bianchi

Bianchi spun off and hit the tractor that was there to recover Sutil's car that had had the same crash one lap earlier. Serious head injury apparently.
Lauda's comments are hard to disagree with - motor racing is dangerous.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 11:42 AM   #5
SvNewbie

Default Re: F1/Bianchi

It's really sad. But, much the same as riding a motorbike, it wouldn't be so much fun if there wasn't an element of danger.

I hope the FIA don't do their usual crack down on whatever they end up blaming it on. I suspect speeds under yellow flag will come under scrutiny and / or deploying the safety car for any recovery vehicle on track.
Old 06-10-14, 11:59 AM   #6
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvNewbie View Post
It's really sad. But, much the same as riding a motorbike, it wouldn't be so much fun if there wasn't an element of danger.
More sad news
Former Formula One driver Andrea de Cesaris has died following a motorbike crash in Italy.
http://www.vitalf1.com/article.asp?a=2608
Old 06-10-14, 02:28 PM   #7
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Have often been filled with dread when a rescue vehicle has encroached on the circuit. Should NEVER be allowed to happen, with the sole exception of safety car and medical.
Particular example is at the pit entrance in Montreal, just at the end of a very fast straight where all sorts of 'derring-do' take place just yards from the 'wreckers' whose chassis is about level with drivers' heads.
Old 06-10-14, 03:02 PM   #8
SvNewbie

I get where you are coming from, however there is only so safe you can make a sport involving travelling around at 200mph with nothing but a helmet between you and the outside world.

At street circuits especially, having to get the safety car out for each incident would make the sport tedious to watch.

I don't want to be too critical of Bianchi, given his health is still very much unknown, but had he walked away from the accident and a marshal was injured I suspect he'd be very much under fire for driving too quickly under waved yellows.
Old 06-10-14, 08:41 PM   #9
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvNewbie View Post
200mph with nothing but a helmet between you and the outside world.
There's a hell of a lot more than just that between them and the scene of the accident - unlike us, although not many of us do 200mph.
Old 06-10-14, 08:57 PM   #10
smiley125

I've just seen the footage of the crash.. shot on a personal camera... They started waving green flags whilst the recovery vehicle and the wreck was still on the track side far too soon in my eyes..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk