SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-02-05, 03:41 PM   #1
Jdubya

Default Bag any bargains?

Did anyone happen to bag a good bargain at the MCN show? :P Please let us know! I'm going on saturday (5th) and am very hopeful of bagging a few.
Old 03-02-05, 04:04 PM   #2
mrbizzy

lots of good deals on cans and systems. Mate of mine bagged splitter pipes and two end cans for his bandit for £270!

Also some tasty deals on clothing - except for kevlar jeans of course 'cos that's what i was looking for!
Old 03-02-05, 05:54 PM   #3
will

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbizzy

Also some tasty deals on clothing - except for kevlar jeans of course 'cos that's what i was looking for!
i was hoping to pick up some draggin combats - are they similar price to retail then mr bizzy? about 80 squid from dealers, although supply for the ..ahem.. larger frame is difficult to come by!

ps very happy with the remus!
Old 03-02-05, 06:05 PM   #4
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCan05
How can you not be
Old 03-02-05, 07:21 PM   #5
Jdubya

Quote:
Quote:

i was hoping to pick up some draggin combats - are they similar price to retail then mr bizzy? about 80 squid from dealers, although supply for the ..ahem.. larger frame is difficult to come by!

I fully understand about the combats...

Did you get the remus at the show? Good price?
Old 03-02-05, 07:57 PM   #6
coombest

I only bought a new T-shirt with Triumph plastered over the front but Leigh got a few good buys!

He got a £400 KR JR rep Arai lid for £250,
SiDi Vertebra race boots rrp: £225 for £160
and best of all,
Arlen Ness 1 piece leathers, rrp:£630 for £310!

I just wish the insurance company had actually sorted out my payment in time as I need to get new lid, boots, winter trousers and jacket, back protector and maybe even gloves! But after 10 weeks, I have still had nothing! Oh well - I'll just have to pay out more for it all when I get some money from them!
Old 03-02-05, 07:59 PM   #7
mrbizzy

Quote:
Quote:

Draggins were what i was after too but I only found one stand selling them - £85 and he wouldnt discount Biker bits nr camberley do them for less so ill go there! Glad you like the remus
Old 03-02-05, 11:22 PM   #8
Mr Toad

Got a nice leather Belstaff jacket from the Lamba stand - half price £100
Old 04-02-05, 03:15 PM   #9
will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya
Quote:
Quote:

I fully understand about the combats...

Did you get the remus at the show? Good price?
remus came from Mr Bizzy's Bike Shop, purveyor of quality secondhand SV parts! i left home this morning at 06:30am, and bl**dy hell is it loud at that time in the morning sorry to my neighbours