SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-12-05, 11:59 PM   #1
linco

Default Selling my bike....advice

Ok ok, so its not quite a bike but it has two wheels! After my attempt at the ownership of an sv650 falied last year I now ride on four wheels. So, my much loved little scooter(125 mind...) needs to be sold.

Its been sitting out my front for almost 10 months now. In that time i've riden it twice to check it still works though its been a while since that happened. What I am concerned about is internal damage because of this that i might not have realised.

Can anyone give me some advice as to what to look or check for before placing the bike in an ad for sale. It was due its second service just as I took delivery of my car so I never got round to that. It also has a puncture which I must have picked the very last moment I rode the damn thing. Its in dire need of a good clean too which I will do next week.

Anyway, i'll stop blabbering and hopefully this thing will sell and the person who buys it wont ring me a week later complaining it doesnt work!

Thanks all

Regards
Colin
Old 24-12-05, 03:49 PM   #2
Jebiah

check the carb for anything clogging it up and just give it a general clean you could take the variator apart and have a look at that maybe change the spark plug aswell i doubt anything will be that bad just give it a good old clean
Old 24-12-05, 05:13 PM   #3
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

The petrol may not be too good being sat for that long. Check the oil and start it up and let it run for a while. Brakes may have seized being stood for that long so they may need a good looking at. Throttle, choke (?), brake (?) cables will probably need lubing as well.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-05, 05:19 PM   #4
linco

Cheers guys, i'll give it the good once over next week before making it for sale. Thanks again

Colin