SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-03-17, 08:06 PM   #51
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: Motorcycle Insurance 2017?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pensation.html

One last parting shot from the EU loony bin means that all our insurance premiums will rise this March, the sooner we leave those idiots behind and no longer have to pay for their wasteful ways and loony ideas the better.
I wouldn't believe everything you read on the Daily Fail mate.
Old 01-03-17, 08:36 PM   #52
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3nny View Post
i wouldn't believe everything you read on the daily fail mate.
+1000
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 08:53 AM   #53
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3nny View Post
I wouldn't believe everything you read on the Daily Fail mate.
It is as believable as any news source in these days of 'cut-and-paste' journalism, more believable than the left / liberal biased BBC

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 09:03 PM   #54
L3nny
Mega Poster

Quote:
It is as believable as any news source in these days of 'cut-and-paste' journalism, more believable than the left / liberal biased BBC
Correct.
I wouldn't take any unsubstantiated story on face value no matter what the source. Especially when the source in question is renowned for click bait and sensationalism.

Probably worth starting a new thread if you want to discuss this further though. Don't want to derail this too much.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-17, 09:16 PM   #55
SV650rules
Mega Poster

@L3nny

Well it started off as a link to one reason everyone's insurance may rise in March 2017 but went off the topic when source of EU directive on extra premiums to cover uninsured drivers (which is a fact) was questioned.

I'm done ................

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
Old 02-03-17, 09:21 PM   #56
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Used,"Bennet's" online message to ask a few questions.No reply after 24 hours so rang.Asked for a,"Call Back".
"Sorry this is a call centre.We can't authorize a call-back.Also 0330 number so charges will rack up if you need to make a claim I reckon.

Revisited recent reviews of MCE,

https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-re...c-mceinsurance

Not good it seems if you need to claim.

Am checking out,"Hastings".
Old 02-03-17, 09:57 PM   #57
L3nny
Mega Poster

Quote:
@L3nny

Well it started off as a link to one reason everyone's insurance may rise in March 2017 but went off the topic when source of EU directive on extra premiums to cover uninsured drivers (which is a fact) was questioned.

I'm done ................
Completely agree it was me taking it off topic hence the offer to move the discussion elsewhere. However, moving it back on topic. I see no facts, only a pro brexit person telling a pro brexit media outlet why brexit is a good idea based on some information only he has access to. I tried to find more out about the story to find out exactly what the EU directive was because I agree it is a silly idea if true and couldn't find anything.
Sorry if you thought I was having a dig at you. I wasn't. If the mail told me the sky was blue I'd still look outside and check. Same goes for the lefy media like the Grundian and the BBC.
If you have more info on the story I'd like to see it.

Along the same lines of that story. The government add an insurance premium tax on every policy. This is a percentage so it's in their interest to keep premiums high. As far as I know this is set by Westminster and the UK has one of the highest rates in Europe.

Old 02-03-17, 10:01 PM   #58
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

If,"Carol Nash" wasn't so expensive I'd go with them.When one of my CX500s was stolen they were easy to deal with and paid up in 14 days.

I did contact them and I might be able to negotiate a better deal.

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 02-03-17 at 10:02 PM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 10:35 PM   #59
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3nny View Post
Completely agree it was me taking it off topic hence the offer to move the discussion elsewhere. However, moving it back on topic. I see no facts, only a pro brexit person telling a pro brexit media outlet why brexit is a good idea based on some information only he has access to. I tried to find more out about the story to find out exactly what the EU directive was because I agree it is a silly idea if true and couldn't find anything.
Sorry if you thought I was having a dig at you. I wasn't. If the mail told me the sky was blue I'd still look outside and check. Same goes for the lefy media like the Grundian and the BBC.
If you have more info on the story I'd like to see it.

Along the same lines of that story. The government add an insurance premium tax on every policy. This is a percentage so it's in their interest to keep premiums high. As far as I know this is set by Westminster and the UK has one of the highest rates in Europe.

here it is from an impeccable source - The Times

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/eu...lide-2td5mp8lv

Old 03-03-17, 08:17 AM   #60
Blapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post
Use the thing between your ears to monitor the weather and leave the bike at home when there's an ice risk.
All the forecast information you'll ever need to succesfully avoid black ice is but a few mouse clicks away.

(mouse clicks...? showing my age..... )
"Risk of"? That rules out November to March! When I went down it was sunny and warm but one little shadow from one building where there was a draft across the road and BAM! It's the first time in 45 years since I felt ice under my tyres (younger and stronger then) so if you think you have got it all sussed out, I can assure you that a rude awakening to the fact that you don't have superpowers is waiting for you.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote