SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-01-13, 02:10 AM   #1
xXBADGERXx

Default My Amazon review

I was sent a link to some reviews of Barratine`s Methylated Spirit on Amazon , a lot of them were based on "Wine" reviews , so I decided to do my own take on it . Have a read , have a chuckle if you like , write one of your own even

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3BET...=&nodeID=&tag=
Old 18-01-13, 10:29 AM   #2
Geodude
Mega Poster

Default Re: My Amazon review

Outstanding as usual Sir Badger, long may it continue.

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-13, 11:03 AM   #3
keith_d
Mega Poster

I was temped to write one along the lines of:

"I cannot imagine what possessed my husband to take a bottle of Barratines to Jemima's birthday dinner, and swilling the entire bottle before we finished the canapes was unforgivable. She must have been mortified. As the evening wore on he became both incoherent and abusive, finally vomiting a lilac stream across their antique persian rug and soiling himself before lapsing into unconsciousness.

The following morning he was in a dreadful state, staggering around the house bumping into the furniture and falling over the dogs. But I gave him no sympathy - entirely self inflicted.

Notwithstanding the great reviews on this site, a bottle of Barratines is no substitute for Bollinger Grande Année when going to a dinner party. But I may be sharing a discreet glass or two with the handyman unless my husband bucks his ideas up."

Last edited by keith_d; 18-01-13 at 11:12 AM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-13, 03:04 PM   #4
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Mmmm, a tasty tipple with a wonderfully astringent flavour. Ideal for helping to banish those winter blues.
Unfortunately, after a couple of warming glasses of the violet nectar I found my eyesight somewhat impaired and, while stumbling around the kitchen, I collided with the lit gas stove. This caused a sharp exhalation of breath, resulting in a spectacular explosion and some serious burns. I must remember to turn the gas stove off the next time I imbibe. Well, if the plastic surgeons are able to repair my face sufficiently well to allow me to drink anything from a glass again....
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote