SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - Other Bikes and General biking items For other bikes, clothing, helmets etc. Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat. Anything not relevant to motorcycling will be moved to Idle Banter

Old 25-05-19, 12:31 PM   #1
Stuuk1

Default Yamaha Fazer FZ1S

Hi All,

First post for me here in a long time! I sold an old SV650 here years back so giving it another go...

Its taken a lot of consideration to come here and put my bike up for sale, I've been biking for around 12 years and owned this bike for 8 of those glorious years. It has never let me down and always started first time.

Under my ownership, the bike has done very little mileage, 9000 to be exact and has always been stored in my garage amongst the now growing pile of children's toys... The bike now sits at just over 30k miles on the clock and has been serviced every year without fail (apart from 2015 when I worked away from home and declared it as SORN).

The bike itself has gone through some worthy modifications over the years and those include:

The Good:
  • Full lower fairings (main stand removed for these to fit but I think I still have that in the garage...)
  • Full Akrapovic exhaust system - The end can has been powder coated black
  • Power Commander (mapped and dyno'd at an approved centre in Worthing in 2011 - I have the results in the folder)
  • PC Fuel Injection Module
  • Ivans FCE (Fuel Cut Eliminator)
  • K&N Air Filter
  • 17T front sprocket
  • Aftermarket Rear Sets
  • Gold Pazzo Levers
  • Powdercoated (Black) rear pegs
  • Coppardawg Colour Screen (I have 2 other OEM screen's too (taller screens for touring)
  • Fuel line replacement (the OEM line was prone to kinking and starving the engine of oxygen)
  • Side crash bungs

The Bad:

1) The FCU was installed a number of years ago and anyone that knows these bikes, this makes a big difference to the rideability of the bike. Unfortunately the FCU comes with a minor issue which is well documented online, this being fault codes 19 & 20. When the bike is started cold in the winter months often this will show up and the bike runs a little rough (idle bounces slightly), however as soon at the bike reaches around 108 degrees and the fan kicks in, turn the bike off and on again and the codes are gone and the bike runs beautifully. I took the time to solder the connections from under the tank to under the rear seat and therefore if the buyer would like to remove the FCE, it couldn't be more simple. For the record, this really is not an issue but worth explaining.

2) The bike has heated grips but they work sporadically, therefore they are not listed as part of the sale.

3) The wing mirrors could do with replacing or rubbing down and re-spraying. I rubbed down and re-sprayed 8 years ago and they looked great but now just need doing again as the paint has for some reason pitted.
There is the smallest of splits in the rear seat about 5mm in length. I superglued this about 6 years ago and it has not grown, actually it is barely noticeable unless you are looking for it.

4) The exhaust end can has a scratch on the side of the can. This can be seen in a couple of the photos but really isn't that noticeable and obviously fairly easy to have re-coated.

I hope you can see that I have tried to be as open and honest as physically possible, I rarely sell anything and as such do not want anyone to have any unwelcome surprises.

Having looked online at what is available around the same year and mileage I am looking for £3600. For that price, there is lot of bike for the money and is an absolute steal.

Whoever buys this bike will have many years of fun riding a head-turner of a bike. The bike is due a yearly service but I have not done it this year due to selling and also that the oil is still golden looking through the window on the sump. The bike will also come with a full tank of fuel.

There is nothing much else to say other than, please enjoy the pictures! Happy for anyone to call me with questions. Stuart - 07817445532 and I am located in the South East, near Maidstone.

Edit 1:
I have all of the service history and receipts
I have 2x keys (Master red) and the spare key
Included in the sale is an Oxford disk lock with 3x keys (batteries are dead but easily replaceable)

Pictures on the links below...

https://ibb.co/G58Wn1F
https://ibb.co/kq8CM8J
https://ibb.co/2K4Sjs1
https://ibb.co/hyw4tW9

Last edited by Stuuk1; 25-05-19 at 12:43 PM.
Stuuk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-19, 12:44 PM   #2
Stuuk1

Default Re: Yamaha Fazer FZ1S

Very sorry Mods, I notice I have put this in the wrong forum section and I cannot see a way to move it...

Thanks
Old 25-05-19, 02:37 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Yamaha Fazer FZ1S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuuk1 View Post
Very sorry Mods, I notice I have put this in the wrong forum section and I cannot see a way to move it...

Thanks
You cant, but I can, so I have

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote