SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-03-06, 06:17 PM   #1
curium

Default New Speed Cameras in London

I've recently noticed that some of the Gatso type speed cameras are being replaced by cameras which are smaller, sit higher up and are angled down more sharply to the road.

Anyone know if they have new capabilities or is it business as usual?

There are 2 on Finchley Rd (A41) by the O2 centre and 1 on the eastbound Nth Circular (A406) just before the M11 junction.
Old 29-03-06, 06:43 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I noticed that one by the O2 centre on my way home this evening. I thought they had just moved it from that ridiculous siting in the middle of the road, but then i glanced up and saw a smaller camera.

Must look into that one as i sonetime go home that way on a friday after soho.... when the roads are empty enough to wanna go just a litle too quick.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-06, 07:03 PM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Just seen this thread, http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=35394 is it one of these up there?
I didnt actualy see a camera by the time i noticed the pole and the new marks on the road.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 29-03-06, 09:02 PM   #4
curium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
That is indeed the one.

Need to be very careful as they are so high-up that they are not immediately obvious.

I almost missed the one on the A41 as previous there was only one covering 1 carriageway but they have a 2nd one covering the other carriageway now which I almost missed.
Old 29-03-06, 09:08 PM   #5
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by curium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
That is indeed the one.

Need to be very careful as they are so high-up that they are not immediately obvious.

I almost missed the one on the A41 as previous there was only one covering 1 carriageway but they have a 2nd one covering the other carriageway now which I almost missed.
thanks for the heads up mate. ive been away for a couple of weeks and the sneaky feckers go and throw these up. I dont think anyone actually speeds around the O2 tbh, its just full of bad drivers on fones. When will they make a camera that cathes these types then?

or the silly bint on the way home tonite who seemed to think that driving her beetle was similar to being in the dentist's waiting room..... she was reading a magazine with one hand and only glancing up every now and then. She's obviously far safer than i am when i go 10mph over the limit on an empty road.
Old 29-03-06, 09:12 PM   #6
Jelster

Noticed a couple on the A40 to, at Park Royal by the traffic lights (and yes, there are lines in the road, so it's not a "jump cam"...)

Old 29-03-06, 09:49 PM   #7
Gnan

be careful these cameras (if they go across the stop lights at traffic lights) are used for BOTH speeding and red light offences
Old 29-03-06, 10:04 PM   #8
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by curium
hmmmm as mentioned to Dan at the Selkent meet, they still need the lines on the road so perhaps your observation may not necessarily have to be skyward
Old 29-03-06, 10:52 PM   #9
Gnan

apparently these ones do not neccesarily need the dragons teeth lines for secondary corroboration..
Old 29-03-06, 11:05 PM   #10
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnan
apparently these ones do not neccesarily need the dragons teeth lines for secondary corroboration..
interesting will keep an eye out for others. I know for definite the one on City Road has the lines there.