SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 22-06-09, 09:07 PM   #1
dafne

Default Bodyshops in Lambeth or Camden

Grrr, typed this once and the forum had a hissy fit

Anyway. I've now pretty much fixed my undertray (using Plastex, which is frankly amazing stuff, so thanks for the recommendation). It needs a little bit of sanding down in some places, as well as a little bit of reinforcement on the back of the brackets to hopefully stop them from breaking again.

I need to get it painted, either in Lambeth or Camden (preferably somewhere in Hampstead). Anyone know of some reasonable paint shops, that won't cost a fortune to do probably 1 or 2 hours prep (at most!) and to spray the undertray?

Last edited by dafne; 22-06-09 at 09:10 PM.
Old 23-06-09, 10:57 AM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bodyshops in Lambeth or Camden

Only place i know in and around Camden is Lazer motorbikes near Chalk Farm tube. He's done a couple of things on my bike like card balancing and chain and sprockets in the past and James who runs the place is a thouroughly nice bloke too. Not sure if they will do what you need but i'm sure they can suggest someone if its not their thang.
http://www.lazermotorcycles.com/
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-09, 04:42 PM   #3
dafne

Gave them a ring, but they stated that they wouldn't paint plastics

Found somewhere in Lambeth called G&M, but i've not heard any reviews of them.
Old 23-06-09, 08:02 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Funnily enough i popped in to see James and buy some fork oil and he asked if it was me who had recomended him.

sorry he was no help btu good luck with it.
TSM is over Lambesth ways but i know he's not on here much at the mo so maybe send him a quick PM and see if he's heard anything about them. I know he's had his own reasons to need plastic sprayed up too.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 25-06-09, 05:54 PM   #5
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Update... stopped by a mechanic i used for my cars and asked his bodyshop guy if he can paint plastics. He said yes. As long as the plastics are off and you supply the right paint he'll do it.

he did some body work on my BMW years back and it was so good as to be un-noticable. And the car was white!!!

He's in Cricklewood, if you still need someone that is?
Old 25-06-09, 07:05 PM   #6
dafne

I took it down to G&M in Lambeth who seemed happy enough to do it. They're Audi approved, so should be reasonable quality. I'll see how I get on with them.
Old 25-06-09, 07:05 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Kool
Old 26-06-09, 12:14 AM   #8
joshmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
He's done a couple of things on my bike like card balancing

Bit like that?

I'll get my coat