SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 03-08-09, 11:33 AM   #11
Warthog

Default Re: AR09 Campsite Comments.

I think the main thing is that he is friendly and pretty relaxed, that's what made it a great site for me. Obviously the showers and toilets could have been better, but I am not a fussy person, so I was fine with it and thought that his attitude was what made it great. Being allowed a huge fire, no one minding too much if there was privately bought alcohol being mixed with pub alcohol in the garden, noisy bikes, things like that all could have turned a campsite owner against us but instead we were warmly embraced so I'd love you to pass on my thanks to Jim please David.
Old 03-08-09, 11:39 AM   #12
caz650s

Proper Shower / Toilet block [ One toilet for the Men is not enough ! ]

Low level lighting bollards around the site

Washing up area

Permanant covered area for Peeps to gather in poor weather conditions

Coin operated / pay as you go Barbies that someone mentioned sound good

Great to find a Biker friendly site !!

These are only constructive ideas and in no way a moan

Last edited by caz650s; 03-08-09 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-08-09, 11:45 AM   #13
Dave20046
Mega Poster

We were discussing this, an average campsite (up north anyway) is about £4-£10 per pitch (not person) and the £10 ones usually have cracking facilities (+ usually somesort of tourist attraction near by). As has been said the price didn't match the facilities (unless we are missing something that was included - did it fund the bags and puks and slaves?). Showers and toilets need improving and they need more bogs.
Old 03-08-09, 11:52 AM   #14
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
We were discussing this, an average campsite (up north anyway) is about £4-£10 per pitch (not person) and the £10 ones usually have cracking facilities (+ usually somesort of tourist attraction near by). As has been said the price didn't match the facilities (unless we are missing something that was included - did it fund the bags and puks and slaves?). Showers and toilets need improving and they need more bogs.
Fantastic! It's all done and dusted and still people moan.
Old 03-08-09, 11:54 AM   #15
Dave20046
Mega Poster

I wasn't moaning at all, it was excellent - just I wouldn't have paid £20 per night for me and grace to sleep in the field if it wasn't full of orgers.
Old 03-08-09, 12:00 PM   #16
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Fair enough - but that wasn't what the OP was asking about, was it? The comments about the showers and toilets are perfectly valid and Jim the landlord is aware and, I believe, has plans underway to make improvements.

Maybe you need to start another thread, ready for AR10, asking how much people are prepared to pay to sleep in a field full of orgers?
Old 03-08-09, 12:08 PM   #17
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
Maybe you need to start another thread, ready for AR10, asking how much people are prepared to pay to sleep in a field full of orgers?
That would depend on how close to other Orgers, and do you get to pick who

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 12:08 PM   #18
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

I only paid the price as quoted as I wanted to attend the event in all honesty- not a complaint but if I had paid £40 for 2 nights anywhere else for just me n mand and the facilities were as they were I would have not stayed . but it was expected

* as above threads seperate loos, and showers of a superior standard reuired. lighting low level needed in field - water in the field at 3 or 4 places required . all expected for a premium rate site.

A central hard core /gravel path down the middle of the field for access and safe walking at night.

if I had pitched up on spec somewhere and they said this is it and its £8 per pitch I would have been ok with it ..

NB: comments posted as per OP Query and not as reflection on cost for AR etc etc that is a different thing , these I hope are constructive comments made by all so that the site can develope.

oh yea- a sign at the "nasty" blind bend saying. dont thrash it down the road cos the campsite is only 30 yards on the left .. as nearly all of us flew past it..

and Soul or Sally when you speak to Jimmy tell him thanks. all was good and the young lad who was behind bar was brill.. always chatty and upbeat from 8am till midnight.. even when having to clean the one loo cos of its over use he was smiling.
Old 03-08-09, 12:13 PM   #19
jambo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I wasn't moaning at all, it was excellent - just I wouldn't have paid £20 per night for me and grace to sleep in the field if it wasn't full of orgers.
This may be well be valid, the OP was asking what could be changed to get more people camping there. I've no idea what the going rate is (and it'll almost certainly be different up north) but if the feeling is that he's charging at the high end of what people are prepared to pay then this may be costing him business.

I've nowt to add bar the above though, the feild was well kept the attitude was spot on, the wash / bathroom facilities are an obvious candidate for improvement if he's looking to have bigger goups staying more often

The size of the field and the fact we weren't made to feel like we were a nucence was great though!

Jambo

Last edited by jambo; 03-08-09 at 12:16 PM.
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 12:16 PM   #20
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard View Post
oh yea- a sign at the "nasty" blind bend saying. dont thrash it down the road cos the campsite is only 30 yards on the left .. as nearly all of us flew past it
+1 If you're going to attract the passing trade put a bloomin great sign up avertising what facilities you have.

Seemed to me that the pub was a secret place only known to the locals and those who'd found it on the net.

For a family freindly site it would need more than a trampoline. A slide, a swing & a few other playground bits and bobs.

Agree with all the comments about the showers and toilets, but the bar staff were great having to put up with all us lot
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote