SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 17-02-14, 11:37 AM   #11
Minty101

Default Re: Pilot Road 4

Am using pilot 4s for race school next weekend got to run in the engine probably going to be moist as if they work well mite use them as an intermediate tyre lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 19-02-14, 08:03 AM   #12
shiftin_gear98

So far loving them.

They "feel" great and grip well and are more than handling my - at this time of the year - ****ty commute.
Semi dark, twisty, wet, slick, gravel strewn - due to recent massive puddles - fast A roads.

I think I prefer them to my Roadsmart 2's.

But then I am no expert.
Old 23-02-14, 02:31 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

arrrrggg. just fitted a set of PR3's at end of season...... wish i had known i would have held off.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-14, 06:53 PM   #14
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Let the others test em out for ya Lance. I'm back using PR2s on the street. Could be next year before I get the chance to try the 4s as I've got a fresh set sitting in the garage. But I'm looking to see the reviews before I "upgrade"

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-14, 06:54 PM   #15
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default Pilot Road 4

I'm fitting PR3s I think. I shall wait until the fours have some unbiased reviews before I give them a crack.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-14, 07:26 PM   #16
Minty101

Hello boys and girls so like I said had race school today I used the pilot road 4 was really cold track i mean cold 1st session of 20mins was wetter than a otters pockets tyres was pretty good everyone else was running wets so I tip toe around track (was brands Indy ) 2nd ses was dry line but still but wet so I pressed on wow tell you what I was impressed 3rd session was dry as you like I was full lean well 80% the track was keeping up with other sv on super corsa I had them in tyre warmers for about 30Mims before sessoin 2 ,3 they was colder when I came in people had the same problem with the supers as for the 3rd ses tyres did a epic job I will be using them again for cold dam day maybw even cold dry to I ran 30psi hot front 28psi rear hot was going a 2 psi increase from cold but if you want to run this on the road I say run 30 30 cold for the road hope this helps

Old 23-02-14, 08:35 PM   #17
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty101 View Post
Hello boys and girls so like I said had race school today I used the pilot road 4 was really cold track i mean cold 1st session of 20mins was wetter than a otters pockets tyres was pretty good everyone else was running wets so I tip toe around track (was brands Indy ) 2nd ses was dry line but still but wet so I pressed on wow tell you what I was impressed 3rd session was dry as you like I was full lean well 80% the track was keeping up with other sv on super corsa I had them in tyre warmers for about 30Mims before sessoin 2 ,3 they was colder when I came in people had the same problem with the supers as for the 3rd ses tyres did a epic job I will be using them again for cold dam day maybw even cold dry to I ran 30psi hot front 28psi rear hot was going a 2 psi increase from cold but if you want to run this on the road I say run 30 30 cold for the road hope this helps

Great feedback. If they are usable on track in those kind of cold and mixed conditions, they will be more than capable for the road. I think some will be surprised at the dry grip. Really this will come down to "feel" between the different brands. I know someone who ran Bridgestones and hated what he called the "movement" in the PR3's. They were durable enough but he just didn't like the tread movement on corner exit full throttle. I can't say I ever had an issue with Michelins but if this was an issue with the previous PR's then maybe the 4's are an improvement.
Old 23-02-14, 08:45 PM   #18
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

That tread movement was one of the reasons I went back to PR2's, but I found it was the front that I had issues with, under heavy braking it felt like a car on antilock. Tyre life is a thought for me too, I found the 3's were getting 2,000 miles less to a rear, and with the mileages I do in a year it was meaning having to buy and extra set of tyres, which is annoying when your supposed to be riding a better model of rubber.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-14, 09:05 AM   #19
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default Pilot Road 4

I'd say the PR3s are better than the Pirelli Angels though. I've had both and the Angels (a claimed 10k mileage) ran out too fast at 6k. I've managed to get 5.5k out of the stock bridgestone trail wings on my Strom. And there's still some tread left. Might try the angel GTs at some point.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Old 11-03-14, 10:06 PM   #20
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default Michelin Pilot Road 3's

Just fitted pr4 trails to the Strom. Looking forward to seeing how they perform.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.