SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-10-17, 08:28 AM   #5051
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Daughter phoned in tears from work.

From the sound of it her manager is a bully, Shouts/Rants and imposes impossible deadlines etc. She has already suggested several times that my daughter might be better off looking elsewhere.

For a law firm you would think management would understand the consequences of constructive dismissal!

I don't think you would get this in a male environment as we tend to stick up for ourselves. But when women clash, it is either cat fight or sulks. the daughter definitely feels she is being forced out.
Might be a bit late, but if it was me I'd have been gathering evidence about the things my manager was doing to me.

Having been a victim of bullying at work I know how stressful and demoralising it is.

I too considered changing jobs, but couldn't.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-17, 07:27 AM   #5052
yokohama

Banana chips in muesli!
Result - one broken tooth.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-17, 09:13 AM   #5053
Red ones
Mega Poster

People who send group WhatsApp messages at 630 on a Sunday morning so your phone goes Ping

Turns out they wanted a favour!
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-17, 09:02 PM   #5054
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
People who send group WhatsApp messages at 630 on a Sunday morning so your phone goes Ping

Turns out they wanted a favour!
This is why I turn my phone off at night. Lady Poppy sometimes forgets to do the same and sure enough it's always the night when Amazon or eBay send her some irritating offer or some such shiz.

If it's life or death then we still have a landline. For everything else there is voicemail or I'll read it in the morning.
Old 22-10-17, 09:08 PM   #5055
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
This is why I turn my phone off at night. Lady Poppy sometimes forgets to do the same and sure enough it's always the night when Amazon or eBay send her some irritating offer or some such shiz.

If it's life or death then we still have a landline. For everything else there is voicemail or I'll read it in the morning.
For Android you can define a schedule for notification alerting etc so it's silent when you want it to be....loads of setting for it....too many to be honest...but if you fiddle with it you'll get it how you want without having to remember to switch your phone off...this should help explain: https://www.howtogeek.com/260225/and...ngs-explained/

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 05:47 PM   #5056
maviczap
Mega Poster

Spent the whole day running around doing stuff for other folk, then went for a physio session for my back. Now I feel I've done 10 rounds with the four Horsemen of the apocalypse.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 05:51 PM   #5057
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
For Android you can define a schedule for notification alerting etc so it's silent when you want it to be....loads of setting for it....too many to be honest...but if you fiddle with it you'll get it how you want without having to remember to switch your phone off...this should help explain: https://www.howtogeek.com/260225/and...ngs-explained/
Do not disturb is awesome, no pings between 10pm and 6am with select contacts only allowed to make noise (mum sister boss)
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 06:32 PM   #5058
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
Do not disturb is awesome, no pings between 10pm and 6am with select contacts only allowed to make noise (mum sister boss)
nokia slide.. yes i have a phone that makes calls and txt only. i choose when and where to turn it off
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 06:36 PM   #5059
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
nokia slide.. yes i have a phone that makes calls and txt only. i choose when and where to turn it off
When I googled that, a line manager at google sent an intern 500m below ground to a 3mi long 1mi wide archive in order to find the fragile ancient text document explaining what it is
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 07:10 PM   #5060
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Daughter phoned in tears from work

From the sound of it her manager is a bully, Shouts/Rants and imposes impossible deadlines etc. She has already suggested several times that my daughter might be better off looking elsewhere.

For a law firm you would think management would understand the consequences of constructive dismissal!

I don't think you would get this in a male environment as we tend to stick up for ourselves. But when women clash, it is either cat fight or sulks. the daughter definitely feels she is being forced out.
My wife has worked for more than a few bosses (both in this country and overseas) - she will tell anyone who cares to listen that she prefers a male boss. She agrees 90% of the women bosses she has had display the symptoms you describe, one used to chuck furniture around, others seemed unable to take responsibility without passing stress on to others. She says men are normally more measured and fair in their dealings with employees.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 23-10-17 at 07:20 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote