SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-03-18, 08:53 AM   #5571
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Effing snow.
Yep. I wasn't planning on going anywhere but my sister was coming over for lunch. I've told her to stay put, too risky.
Old 18-03-18, 08:54 AM   #5572
DomP

Do i drive from Kington on the Welsh border to Aberystwyth to pick up our new puppy?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 18-03-18, 09:06 AM   #5573
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomP View Post
Do i drive from Kington on the Welsh border to Aberystwyth to pick up our new puppy?

Dom, if the conditions across that part of Wales are anything like they are here, then I would advise staying put. We have several inches of snow here and it's still coming down quite hard. We're not that far North of the route you would be taking.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 09:43 AM   #5574
pookie

Grrr.. what snow?? Clearly need more down south.. not enough to build an igloo for an ant
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 10:12 AM   #5575
DomP

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Dom, if the conditions across that part of Wales are anything like they are here, then I would advise staying put. We have several inches of snow here and it's still coming down quite hard. We're not that far North of the route you would be taking.
Got as far as old Radnor and turned around, Tiguan 4motion or not it was awful, literally no visible road

Old 18-03-18, 05:46 PM   #5576
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Wierdos that like dressing up in cosplay. I was a bit bemused to see some odd looking people while I waited at Banbury for a connecting train to the NEC for the Photography Show. Lots more oddities were on the train when I got on and I overheard the dreaded word "Comicon" from some squealing, salad-dodging, purple-haired young boys wearing fishnet stockings and tutu's. It got worse at the NEC - hoards of pillocks in a variety of other-worldly and faintly Star Wars-esque outfits competed with assorted rubbish super heroes who had realised a photo show meant lots of people with cameras so they were all "look at me" in every blinking corridor and walkway. Irritating attention seekers. I ignored them all, left the Canon firmly in the bag and got in the way of as many shots as I could on my way into and out of Hall 5. Harrumph.
Old 18-03-18, 05:50 PM   #5577
DomP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Wierdos that like dressing up in cosplay. I was a bit bemused to see some odd looking people while I waited at Banbury for a connecting train to the NEC for the Photography Show. Lots more oddities were on the train when I got on and I overheard the dreaded word "Comicon" from some squealing, salad-dodging, purple-haired young boys wearing fishnet stockings and tutu's. It got worse at the NEC - hoards of pillocks in a variety of other-worldly and faintly Star Wars-esque outfits competed with assorted rubbish super heroes who had realised a photo show meant lots of people with cameras so they were all "look at me" in every blinking corridor and walkway. Irritating attention seekers. I ignored them all, left the Canon firmly in the bag and got in the way of as many shots as I could on my way into and out of Hall 5. Harrumph.
There was a weird Comic on thing going on at Motorcycle live at the NEC this year. Each to their own and all that but what weirdos

Old 18-03-18, 05:51 PM   #5578
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Trev
When did you become a grumpy old man?.....

What was the photo show like, worth a visit?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Old 18-03-18, 06:56 PM   #5579
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomP View Post
There was a weird Comic on thing going on at Motorcycle live at the NEC this year. Each to their own and all that but what weirdos

Ha ha lol 😀

I know what you mean, my youngest daughter is into Cosplay and I took her to the last Comicom event at the Excell last October. The place is full of the strangest people you'll ever meet.

I haven't any idea what cosplay is about, but there's loads of Marvel and DC comics characters, plus Star Trek, Judge Dred etc.

Some of the cast from Red Dwarf were there signing autographs.

Some of the costumes that the geeks wear are really good.

My daughter planned her costume for months, and wore blue face paint and on her arms as part of her character. For me the best part of being dragged around was that she told me it was one of the best days of her life.

She's planning for the next one in May, and I think she's going as a character from the Nintendo game Zelda.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 07:22 PM   #5580
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Ha ha lol 😀

I know what you mean, my youngest daughter is into Cosplay and I took her to the last Comicom event at the Excell last October. The place is full of the strangest people you'll ever meet.

I haven't any idea what cosplay is about, but there's loads of Marvel and DC comics characters, plus Star Trek, Judge Dred etc.

Some of the cast from Red Dwarf were there signing autographs.

Some of the costumes that the geeks wear are really good.

My daughter planned her costume for months, and wore blue face paint and on her arms as part of her character. For me the best part of being dragged around was that she told me it was one of the best days of her life.

She's planning for the next one in May, and I think she's going as a character from the Nintendo game Zelda.
I went along once with my kids for a bit of fun. I'm not into comic books but thought it was harmless. I'd rather get on a train full of comicon fans than football supporters.