SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-12-14, 07:26 AM   #11
Specialone

Default Re: Taliban kill children in Pakistan

The thing i really struggle to understand is, what do these radical Islamic groups hope to achieve?
In the long game, what is their objective? Do they truly think they can bully the world in to Islam? The west will turn round and say, you've scared us enough now, we'll convert to Islam and you can have our countries? It's never gonna happen, sooner they realise this the better.

Absolute deluded scum, fighting against militia is one thing but massacring a school full of kids, there is zero justification for that.
Old 17-12-14, 04:09 PM   #12
ophic
Mega Poster

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I find it difficult to believe any group of normal human beings would massacre a school full of children without significant provocation. I know you get the odd nutter who freaks out, but this was an organised attack by a group who claimed responsibility.

It could be they're simply violent sick people, or religious zealots without a shred of decency - or it could be that they're responding to something done to them that is equally despicable, but hasn't been reported in the media.

What would make you kill children? Your children being killed, perhaps?

I don't trust what the news feeds us in isolation.
Old 17-12-14, 06:42 PM   #13
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Flame on lol
Hopefully your have the sense of right not to taint the innocent
Old 17-12-14, 08:52 PM   #14
thulfi

I wonder when the terms 'Islamic extremism' or 'Islamic fundamentalism' will be substituted with a slightly more applicable term. Many would be deluded into thinking that the aim of these groups is religious, and that their aim is to convert the whole world to Islam.

Well it is evident by the massacre in Pakistan as well as the ongoing crimes by ISIS in the region that this has nothing to do with religion. The biggest victims to so-called 'Islamic fundamentalism' are Muslims. How does one make sense of that? The 'they hate freedom and our way of life' is a convenient post 9/11 way of labelling these terrorist groups actions. It is much more complex than that, and certainly has nothing to do with spreading a religion around the globe or bringing sharia law to your doorstep.

Which religion, even in it's most extreme form would justify the murder of innocent children of it's own religion (never mind the others)? If it doesn't make sense, it probably isn't true. As specialone commented in his post, he's struggling to understand their objectives when they carry out an atrocity such as this. Well it's because they aren't trying to spread a religion around the world. They are seeking power and wealth. It's the same reason humans have been killing humans since the dawn of time.

And in other news, the source and funding of most these groups (particularly ISIS); Saudi Arabia, one of the West's closest allies. Oil talks I suppose.

Last edited by thulfi; 17-12-14 at 08:54 PM.
Old 17-12-14, 09:07 PM   #15
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Yep you hit the nail on the head
Old 17-12-14, 09:08 PM   #16
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I find it difficult to believe any group of normal human beings would massacre a school full of children without significant provocation. I know you get the odd nutter who freaks out, but this was an organised attack by a group who claimed responsibility.

It could be they're simply violent sick people, or religious zealots without a shred of decency - or it could be that they're responding to something done to them that is equally despicable, but hasn't been reported in the media.

What would make you kill children? Your children being killed, perhaps?

I don't trust what the news feeds us in isolation.
You don't seriously believe what you've posted?
Even under extreme provocation, which I don't believe there is as it happens, the civilised westerner would not massacre children in retaliation, it just doesn't happen, yes there's been a couple of incidents with nutters, but not with the same motivations, so somehow trying to justify it isn't on.
This was pure terrorism veiled under radical religious views.

For the record, there isn't a single thing that could happen to me that would make me kill children, adults yeah, but not children.

It's time to remove the tin foil hat, get from under the table and stop with the conspiracy theories, the radical 'Islamists' are the biggest threat to world peace ATM, we need to accept this and somehow deal with it.
Old 17-12-14, 10:01 PM   #17
Amadeus

Default Taliban kill children in Pakistan

I think it all comes down to education unfortunately which is kind of ironic here. Very upsetting.
Old 17-12-14, 11:03 PM   #18
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

So where do the six or seven nutters decide who is old enough to shoot and who to leave alone?

This being 'apparently' they got an order to kill the older kids, and not the young ones.
What sort of feckin nutjob gives an order to do that?
Its ok, kill the eldest and make the youngest suffer the rest of their lives, so six or seven nutters seem to think getting rid of all of them is even better?

Completely disgusting and not fit to be called human!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-14, 06:30 AM   #19
maviczap
Mega Poster

If these Taliban soldiers believe in a god, then as someone said no religon is going to condone the murder of innocent children and thee gates of their heaven are going to stay firmly shut, and they'll spend the rest of eternity burning in the righteous pits of their equivilant of hell.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-14, 08:24 AM   #20
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Re: Taliban kill children in Pakistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialone View Post
You don't seriously believe what you've posted?

For the record, there isn't a single thing that could happen to me that would make me kill children, adults yeah, but not children.
There was nothing to believe or disbelieve in my post. I made no assertions.

All I was trying to point out is that there might be a lot more to it than we get to see. It was not an attempt to justify what clearly can't be justified.

Just an aside - atrocities have often been carried out by whole armies of what you'd consider children. It doesn't normally get much coverage in the news.

I'm not suggesting that the victims in this case are anything other than completely innocent.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ophic; 18-12-14 at 08:25 AM.
ophic is offline   Reply With Quote