SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 17-02-06, 08:53 AM   #1
Dirty Baz

Default Erse-biscuits! Fell aff!

Kitted up and left the house at 8am today, 'a bit chilly today' I thought 'I better watch myself.' Got to the top of our street, a slightly up-hill t-junction. I'm turning right, it's nice and clear so no need for a foot down, we bit of gas and turn and then whooooooooooow, back end comes way out to the left and down we go. HARD. never thought a 10 mph spill could hurt so much.

Bike landed on my leg which hurts a bit and got a big bruise on my hip where the padding in my trousers rode down a we bit. I struggled to get the bike up and moved off the road cause of the ice. There was a guy sitting in his car waiting to drop his kid off at the school bus, must have been 20 yards away - and you know what's coming next - he didn't help me! Thanks mate.

My already done-in R&G bung (still not replaced from K-hill! ) is now completely knackered and I've smashed my indicator (and clear lens ), my back brake has snapped off half-way up and bar-end looks bent (although might just be the screw that's bent). On the plus side the indicator still works and no scratched paint. It's nothing £50 won't fix.

Oh well, at least it's friday, I'm taking the day off and I'm going to enjoy a bacon butty and play Battlefield 2 all day.

Careful out there!!!

ps. anyone got a spare k3 indicator and back brake lever?
Old 17-02-06, 09:04 AM   #2
Skip
Mega Poster

Sorry to hear about your off

Cant believe no one helped you out!
Old 17-02-06, 09:12 AM   #3
timwilky
Mega Poster

Sorry can't help with the spares. But plenty of commiseration’s to give away.

What is it with somebody who will not get out of their cage to help. Or are they frightened that you being a dirty greasy biker are going to bite the heads of his kids for breakfast.
Old 17-02-06, 09:21 AM   #4
independentphoto

Baz mate - BUGGER!

That's a real crap start to the weekend eh? Sorry can't help with parts either but I'm really glad for you that there's no paint or bodywork damage.

Hope the pain eases quickly for you.

Garry
Old 17-02-06, 09:33 AM   #5
bluebell

Ouch, glad you'r o.k.
Old 17-02-06, 09:39 AM   #6
jim@55

**** indeed!!no luck .the roads are dodgy just now ,i was out bearsden/carbeth way last wk and it was a nice day (sunshine/ not too cold) and there was ice in puddles at the side of the road!i was riding like my granny(even more than usual)as i was convinced i was gonna lose it.and youve dropped yours ,,,DOH!!
Old 17-02-06, 12:16 PM   #7
Dirty Baz

Thanks everyone.
Old 17-02-06, 12:30 PM   #8
owenieboy

Unlucky mate. Glad it's not too bad. It's easily done in this weather. I had the same thing happen after I came of a roundabout the other week, a bit too much gas, luckilly I managed to straighten things out before I got chucked off. Didn't half crap myself though.
Old 17-02-06, 12:48 PM   #9
Halonic

You know I'm actually surprised no one helped you. I mean, down here, they actively try to run you off the road, but other side of the boarder, well they nod, wave, let you out of junctions, generally less ****tery.

But anyway, a friday sat inside play games should go someway to compensating for the bruising, good choice that man.
Old 17-02-06, 01:00 PM   #10
scooby2102

Baz, I have an indicator you can have, let me know if you want to pick it up or I can try and drop it off to you tomorrow as I am going to EK tomorrow afternoon

let me know, take it its the off side ?