SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-07-07, 07:26 PM   #1
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Imprezas: Toy with them, then destroy them...

Although probably not how you would think

Had a nice wee ride tonight, made even more interesting by the fool in a lipstick red inpreza with two "laydeez" and all the "ralleee" stickers, who got my attention by deliberately pulling straight out into my path from a junction, thus it was obviously on...

all legal in the 30 limit, first NSL and he flys off, dustbin exhaust farting all the way - now i know enough about my own motorcycling talent, imprezas and island roads to know that im not able to match the pace of someone who puts speed over safety, or even a decent driver in a scooby, so i let him go

lo and behold who do i come across later on the same road stuck in a line of cars behind the usual caravan/tourist/DOG (doddery old git) - i filter past and catch a glance at the wimmin (not bad if you're into that sort of thing, probably more expensive plastic bodywork than a MotoGP bike)

later on we hit coppins bridge and the dual carriageway, one of a kind on the island as everywhere else has only single carriageway. and by the black magic of the newport traffic system look who's behind me but "impreza youth"

single --> double carriageway and once again accompanied by the sound of farting earthquakes he flys past me. now being an inquisitive soul i had to find out if the SV is a match in terms of all out speed, with ability and intelligence taken out of the equation, so i give him a couple of seconds head start, pull out and open it, and i can confirm that yes, even with a head start you can reel in the subaru with relatively little effort, probably a non STi dressed in UPVC guttering

but anyway, i digress, once i got within 50yrds of the back of this thing i backed off and let him carry on his merry way, it was only a half mile up the road where it became apparent that he didn't learn the first time, so i gave him a little wave as i filtered slowly past the nose to tail traffic he was now stuck in. makes the black visor infinitely worth it

far more fun than playing races with ********s on the roads, and less likely to get you flat or lose your license
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 07:46 PM   #2
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: Imprezas: Toy with them, then destroy them...

haha i did the same was filtering and yet again a turbo impreza was ahead with a gap in front of him, i will pull in there i thought to my self. he sees me coming closes the gap and him and his boyfriend sat there laughing i just tapped his window he put it down and i said "enjoy the traffic" and gave him the good old 2 finger solute and off i went

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 10:10 PM   #3
Jebiah

the turbo imprezas are blooming fast, my 2005 R6 only just beat one, i think they are brilliant cars good job though i bet you had the last laugh!
Old 11-07-07, 10:29 PM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebiah View Post
the turbo imprezas are blooming fast, my 2005 R6 only just beat one, i think they are brilliant cars good job though i bet you had the last laugh!
i figured as much, the general aim of "that sort" over here seems to make the thing look and sound as fast as possible without actually spending all their dole money making it go faster

as for the last laugh, crikey, i'm still smiling now just thinking about the look on his face, something like this:

(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 08:14 AM   #5
Steve H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebiah View Post
the turbo imprezas are blooming fast, my 2005 R6 only just beat one, i think they are brilliant cars

You are supposed to go over 5,000 rpm though.
A standard SV will thrash a standard Impreza Turbo up to about 100. Fact.
Old 12-07-07, 08:20 AM   #6
gettin2dizzy

Imprezas are bloody quick! But need to be driven properly!
I wooped a new m5!......on a cbr Sv would have been left for dead!
Old 12-07-07, 08:24 AM   #7
Daimo

Scoobies arn't all that great unless its a top spec model.

No Scooby will do a 12.3 1/4 mile in standard format either.

Wouldn't even be too worried about trying it on at 80+ as the 4wd sytem saps a lot of the power at higher speeds.

Wouldn't even bother through the corners though
Old 12-07-07, 08:42 AM   #8
SV650Racer

just dont do it to a proper quick one thats driven properly.

BTW why is he an ******** for wanting to drive his car fast?.
Old 12-07-07, 08:49 AM   #9
DanAbnormal

I had a go at one on m SV and lost. Badly. It was an WRX Sti 22B model and this thing made me look as if I was stood still ont he straight. Mind you it was up a very large hill and he just pulled away with relative ease. I finally caught up to him at a roundabout and undertook (yes I know, naughty) with knee on the deck, sparks everywhere. Made me grin like a cheshire cat for ages. The lower models are pants though, I've beaten a few of those in traffic light GP's.
Old 12-07-07, 08:56 AM   #10
andy

I raced a mate of mine who had a nitroused Impreza - not much in it - that car was VERY quick, round the corners I had no chance.....