SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-11-18, 12:44 PM   #361
shiftin_gear98

Default Re: The running thread.

Got out this morning. For a nice Autumnal run. Both boys came out on their bikes. What with me being unfit and them constantly stopping it wasn't the fastest run ever. But I'm glad I went out. 5.2 miles.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-18, 01:06 PM   #362
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Nice! Doesn't really matter how fast or slow though I reckon, unless you're racing. When the weather is good, this is just a glorious time of the year to be out running.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 06:08 PM   #363
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Short run before heading out to work this morning. Pretty murky and overcast but dry and a comfortable temperature. However, the views were, as always here, stunning regardless of the weather. I feel so fortunate to have this area as my running and walking venue.
Old 11-11-18, 10:10 AM   #364
shiftin_gear98

Half forced myself out this morning. Still struggling to get back out there. However I'm glad I did. It's a cracking day out there. Highlight was coming around a corner whilst running through a wood and surprising a couple of fallow deer. We all froze for a moment before they bolted. They must have been 10 foot in front of me. 5.1 slightly struggling miles.
Old 11-11-18, 01:20 PM   #365
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Half forced myself out this morning. Still struggling to get back out there. However I'm glad I did. It's a cracking day out there. Highlight was coming around a corner whilst running through a wood and surprising a couple of fallow deer. We all froze for a moment before they bolted. They must have been 10 foot in front of me. 5.1 slightly struggling miles.
I know just what you mean about the struggle to get out the door Martin. I'm the same but always glad when I do go. Sounds like you had a cracking run even if you did struggle a bit. The main thing is that you got out and ran.

Went to try out Oswestry parkrun yesterday. It's only been going for four weeks and is already pretty well attended. A nice course but it runs beside the by-pass, so you never really escape traffic noise. Great to see yet another parkrun get going though.
Quite slow for me as it was very slippery and muddy in places after the rain. Spent some time and effort staying upright so not really able to push on. I was also wearing my Saucony Nomad trail shoes which are great on dryer trails but not so good in the conditions yesterday. I should really have used my cheapo but comfortable and grippy Karrimor Tempo 5 shoes. There we go, lesson learned!
Old 12-11-18, 11:13 AM   #366
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Had a bit more time this morning so made it out for a longer run of 7.85 miles. Furthest I've run for a little while and the legs are feeling it now. Need to get out for a couple more decent runs this week as I have an event to run at on Saturday. Mabel and I will be doing 10k at the Hanwood fun run and it'd be nice to clock a decent time.
Old 13-11-18, 06:25 AM   #367
shiftin_gear98

Good effort Gary. I managed to get out last night for a short one. 3.4 miles. My legs were protesting from only going the day before. This morning both ankles are a bit stiff. Still it was good if a little bit freaky running in the dark again. Head torch and reflective jacket on.

Darkness by martin cockerell, on Flickr

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 03-12-18 at 08:01 AM.
Old 13-11-18, 07:31 AM   #368
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Well done but rest those legs for a day or so now! Meant to ask as well, how's the muscular thing healing now? Insipid hernia I think it was...
Old 13-11-18, 08:07 AM   #369
shiftin_gear98

I've given up on the Physio, it was basically £50.00 a visit for him to recommend a couple of stretches.
Where the injury is it's not something he can manipulate like a shoulder or foot or whatever. So as I'm quite skint I can't justify learning a new stretch for £25.00 a pop. I might give Google a go, or even buy a book on them.
It was worth the initial visit, so that I now know what the issue is. I had kind of held off overloading that area as I didn't want to cause more issues. Now I know I need to work it instead.

I am still doing the stretches, although not as often as I should. I'm a bit disheartened by it all if I'm honest. Even when I was doing them three times a day there wasn't really any change (I did this for about 6 weeks). Lesson learnt, if you hurt yourself go and get it seen too. Don't leave it 3 years so it heals incorrectly. I think it's just part of me now, time will tell.

Running will have to go on the back burner for a couple of weeks again come Friday as I am having a small procedure for something else and running isn't allowed for at least 2 weeks. Ho hum the joys of growing up.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 13-11-18 at 08:11 AM.
Old 13-11-18, 05:44 PM   #370
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Blimey, it's all go! Good luck with the procedure, and I hope you're back to running before too long.