SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-11-05, 09:32 PM   #1
northwind
Mega Poster

Default BMC Race RS vs desnorkelled stock filter

changed filters at the weekend... Now, to be fair, I raised both needles a half notch as well, so the bike's set up a little richer, but I didn't touch the top end. My findings so far are that it seems to be just a tad richer at the top- which would strongly suggest that it's almost-but-not-quite as good asthe BMC. However, it's very effective, no running problems, no surges or unpredictability... And the paper element may be slightly better in carb-icing conditions.

I'm going to a/b them a bit more over the next couple of weeks, and hopefully get back-to-back dyno runs done as well. Could be interesting. If time allows I'll also be doing another with and without the Renegade velocity stacks. I was going to do with and without tank spacers but the difference is clear just by riding, so I'll not bother.

One thing I should say is neither filter is new... The BMC was used before I even got it, and that was a few thousand miles ago. It's been cleaned, but still unlikely to be good as new. The stock filter seems clean.

If anyone's interested, that's a full system and the K3 cam swap, DJ Stage 1&3 jet kit fitted and slides drilled, 175 mains, 3 and a half notches on the needle, and 2 3/4 turns on the air screws. Still to be properly jetted but the butt dyno says it's pretty good.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote