SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 08-02-09, 08:54 PM   #1
WirralEggRun

Default 29th Wirral Eggrun on 29th March

Come and join the largest Egg Run in the Uk if not Europe

the 29th Anual Egg run is taking place on the 29th March 2009 in Wirral get to New Brighton before 11:00am and join the several thousands of bikers to ride the 20 mile route to Clatterbridge raising money and delivering easter eggs for the sick kids in Wirral see
http://www.wirraleggrun.co.uk for more info

regs
Wirral Egg Run Team 09
Old 09-02-09, 10:03 AM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: 29th Wirral Eggrun on 29th March

The Border Patrol section are organising a short ride in to the Wirral Egg Run, followed by lunch in local pub and then maybe a short rideout. See this thread for more details.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 10:26 PM   #3
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirralEggRun
<snip>

Don't suppose any of you guy's and gal's would like to marshal the event ?

All that is involved is departing at 2min intervals and doinfg the run I know you said that you ride as a group but you can still arrive and depart as a group

if anyone is interested please email marshals@wirraleggrun.co.uk to express an interest.

The main objective is to observe and report

Sponsorship forms are now available for download off our website www.wirraleggrun.co.uk

and the police have assured us that it will be running a bit quicker this year.

regs
Grahame
I got this from the Egg Run team. So if anyone wants to marshal please get in touch with them. Also Note the bit about sponsorship - This is a charity run, so either get sponsored or be prepared to put your hand in your pocket - and put paper money in!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-09, 01:08 AM   #4
bunnyposter

Official Wirral Egg Run 2009 - 29th March 2009

The Wirral Egg Run is an annual event which raises money for local children’s charities and donates Easter eggs to hospitalised children.

The 2009 Wirral Egg Run 2009 will taking place 2 weeks before Easter due to the request of the authorities so the allocated date is
Sunday 29th March there will be several thousand participants are expected to take part in the event.

Participants gather on motorcycles at New Brighton and ride a 20 mile pre-determined route to Clatterbridge hospital.

Once there, they deliver their Easter eggs in time for distribution for Easter Sunday.

Whilst the donation and delivery of Easter eggs forms the core iconic tradition of the Egg Run, the more significant aspect is now the
delivery by participants of cash donations to the Wirral Egg Run registered charity.

if you are interested in the event see our website at http://www.wirraleggrun.co.uk
Old 27-02-09, 10:59 PM   #5
jamessunhill

Just received this email from the a member of the Egg Run Team.

The thread does not make pleasant reading.

Quote:
Hi

I write to you because you have registered as a member of the Wirral Egg Run forum.

It may be that you are fully up to date with the awful mess surrounding this year's event and precisely why it is that the organisers of last year's record breaking Run are not involved this year. I know not what you have been told about why we are not involved, we have heard various rumours and stories that are being spread about us.

I would like to ask you to take 10 minutes of your time to read a thread on our forum which sets out what has happened over the past 12 months. Frankly it does not make pleasant reading. It details the threats that we have had to endure and the events that lead up to the split and conflict that, yet again, dog the Wirral Egg Run. We have tried everything we can to sort this awfal mess out behind the scenes, but we have not succeeded.

Here is the thread:

http://wirraleggrun08.14.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=216

We have decided what we will be doing to ensure that all the monies we raise will be going directly to help sick kids. You can find out more here:

http://wirraleggrun08.14.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=216

As always, feel free to contact me if I can help you with anything.

Best wishes

ian
Also included in the email were his personal email address and mobile phone number, which I will not post for security reasons.