SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 13-03-12, 01:01 AM   #1
Horney

Default Written off SV to turn into a stunt bike

Hi guys,

Been a while since I was last on here. Progressed up through the ranks of biking a bit but still recommend the wee SV to anyone.
Anyway I'm looking for a crashed, unloved straight ish bike. Looking to turn it in to a stunt bike for playing on a bit of private land. Obviously cosmetics is not an issue neither is road gear but a good motor and straight frame would be a winner but I'll consider anything.
If anyone has anything laying around please contact me directly through email sjhorne01@aol.com as I'm rarely on here.

Thanks SVers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13-03-12, 09:20 AM   #2
Serdna

Default Re: Written off SV to turn into a stunt bike

You will have to consider modifing the oil pick up because as they are from the factory the oil pick up does not pick up when you are wheeling and so the front cylinder gets starved of oil. Just in case you didn't know!
Old 13-03-12, 06:50 PM   #3
davegixer1300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serdna View Post
You will have to consider modifing the oil pick up because as they are from the factory the oil pick up does not pick up when you are wheeling and so the front cylinder gets starved of oil. Just in case you didn't know!

Yep second that,
good for wheeling unfortunately engine lube system does not agree and soon lets you know
Old 13-03-12, 11:42 PM   #4
Horney

Ha ha I'll be sure to relocate the pick up somehow. I'm sure it's been done before. I think the wee SV could be a cracking stunt bike with a big sprocket and protection. Its light enough to through about rather than a older cbr although they are bullet proof. Forks and brakes maybe be the next weak link but I'll cowboy up something to fit.
It wont be pretty but it'll be a good laugh

Old 14-03-12, 08:23 AM   #5
Serdna

If you manage it let me know because i would be really interested in doing it myself.
Old 15-03-12, 12:13 AM   #6
Horney

Will do, this will maybe take a bit of time for the right box of spares to come up!