SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-05-13, 02:05 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Should she talk to the plod?

A few weeks ago a car reversed into my daughters parked car witnessed by a police officer who after advising my daughter what she had seen went to talk with the driver who had driven back into his house across the road.

Not only was the driver drunk, but he also assaulted the police officer. This assault being witnessed by my daughter as she stood in her doorway.

Daughter is listed as a witness for his trial. The initial hearing was scheduled for last week when my daughter was on holiday and rescheduled. Yesterday she got a text from the driver. (How has he got her number) "Why are you lying Michelle".

She is now a tad nervous. Surely whilst petty and minor contact it is still intimating to a girl on her own where the offender lives across the road.

Should she advise the police officer investigating the assault? or do I inflame things by becoming the angry dad and telling him to back off?
Old 01-05-13, 02:15 PM   #2
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country
Default Re: Should she talk to the plod?

Speak to the police.

Thats intimidating a witness IIRC. Has she still got the text one her phone.

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 02:22 PM   #3
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Speak to cops, witness intimidation will just pile more poo on the idiot. Hope your daughter is not too stressed by this, maybe Dad going round and putting a comforting arm round her is all she needs to help on that score.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 02:29 PM   #4
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Phone the cops. Make a complaint of witness intimidation and get the cow locked up again.
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 02:51 PM   #5
Ch00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
Phone the cops. Make a complaint of witness intimidation and get the cow locked up again.
What he said...
Old 01-05-13, 02:55 PM   #6
Mauler

Dob them in. No sympathy for drunk drivers, especially if they're in enough of a state to lay hands on a rozzer and then not remember it.
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 04:54 PM   #7
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
A few weeks ago a car reversed into my daughters parked car witnessed by a police officer who after advising my daughter what she had seen went to talk with the driver who had driven back into his house across the road.

Not only was the driver drunk, but he also assaulted the police officer. This assault being witnessed by my daughter as she stood in her doorway.

Daughter is listed as a witness for his trial. The initial hearing was scheduled for last week when my daughter was on holiday and rescheduled. Yesterday she got a text from the driver. (How has he got her number) "Why are you lying Michelle".

She is now a tad nervous. Surely whilst petty and minor contact it is still intimating to a girl on her own where the offender lives across the road.

Should she advise the police officer investigating the assault? or do I inflame things by becoming the angry dad and telling him to back off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
Think the 'cow' is a bull?
Old 01-05-13, 05:22 PM   #8
a_monkey_hint

Go round and give him a slap!

Probably not in your interest taking my advice.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-05-13, 05:41 PM   #9
Spank86

Definitely speak to the cops, if you wade in. You'll make things worse and could wind up getting in trouble yourself.

Until the trials over do everything through the police. The guys clearly an idiot, sending txts like that is stupid, he should have had a chat fce to face with you if anything.
Old 01-05-13, 06:13 PM   #10
Stuuk1

Default Should she talk to the plod?

Definitely involve the police. The guy seems a weirdo and unpredictable...

My sister had exactly the same kind of thing happen. A guy hit her car and drove off, someone witnessed it and recorded the number plate. She rang police and the policeman was an ignorant sh*t who believed the guy did nothing wrong and then told my sister that "we have a difference of opinions" and "its a waste of tax payers money to persue it" and he would visit the guy to give him a warning.

My sister wanted to go further as this is the second time this has happened (not the same guy) with the same kind of action from the police.

In the next few days the guys insurance company contacted my sister asking about the incident... The only way they got her number is through the guy and the only way the guy got the phone number is through the stupid police officer.

The police officer broke the data protection act!