SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 29-09-18, 06:51 PM   #5611
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Quite simple really. You have the flash contact and aperture lever at the 11 o'clock position, and at three you have the bulb/instant switch. Push the plunger down and it flicks the shutter exposing the film. Our a little drop of light oil to keep things free.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-18, 06:15 AM   #5612
yokohama

I finally got my internet sorted. Can't access the forum on my mobile this time round and the BBC is blocked this year too so I'll have to rely on the laptop and the VPN.
I've been working all week, including Saturday, and haven't had the chance to take any pics yet. I did get to the camera shop and bought a couple of rolls of Fujicolour 200 for less than a fiver so I'm ready to go. There are a couple of local bank holidays later this week so I'm hoping to get out then.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-18, 08:49 AM   #5613
Kenzie

Are you over in China? Wondered why you had gone quiet. I've been looking at this but it's too far away. https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-came...ns-/1314169198
Old 30-09-18, 08:35 PM   #5614
Kenzie

Don't forget that starting tomorrow that it is Red Oktober. So dig out your Soviet Cameras and get shooting! I also may have bought a Kiev 88, otherwise known as a Hasselbladski.

Last edited by Kenzie; 01-10-18 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-10-18, 07:11 PM   #5615
Kenzie

My Kiev 88 arrived today and I'm going to need to do some weights to lift this thing! With film back and lens it weighs a whopping 1.49kg! The kit I bought came with prism finder, two film backs, the standard viewfinder hood and a Volna 3 80mm f2.8 lens. The shutter seems good and the lens is clear. It's the most expensive film camera have bought, however not the most valuable. That honour stays with the mju ii. I'm aiming to shoot mostly Soviet this month as I missed Red Oktober last year. How are you lot? Any kickers we can draw out into the open?

Last edited by Kenzie; 03-10-18 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-10-18, 08:56 AM   #5616
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I hear these MF SLRs have quite a wallop when the mirror goes up. Look nice. Am just finishing a fiml in my Konica (still) and some left in the Certo (still) so no Russki action just yet!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 05:53 AM   #5617
Kenzie

The mirror is huge! Nearly 6x6! The loading procedure is pretty lengthy but not too bad, you have to set the shutter before doing pretty much anything as with most Soviet camera, such as changing the shutter speed or taking the film mag off. It's pretty cool as I have two backs so I can take colour and black and white, I have a roll of HP5+ in one and a roll of Lomo 400 colour in the other. The dark slide locks the shutter so it can't be fired if it's in place. It also has a non-return mirror to help with the massive slap, it also helps you to remember to reset the shutter. Not sure if I will use the prism finder as it adds more weight. I just bought a couple of rolls from Analogue Wonderland, a roll of Kosmofoto 35mm black and white and roll of Fujicolor Industrial 100 colour. Only £2.75 for shipping too and they do 120 film as well. It will be good to see what your Certo can do.
Old 07-10-18, 12:39 PM   #5618
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Sounds like fun! I am bidding this, ending tonight 253906777303 little bit of an oddball but this one has an f2 Xenon lens which is quite a rarity, they normally have Tessar-type lenses (including the Tessar) like Xenar or triplets. Last one of these I saw went for £150.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 12:42 PM   #5619
Kenzie

Thanks for the heads up, its on my watch list and I was going to bid. I don't want to run you up! I'll hold off as there is loads that end today.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-18, 03:57 PM   #5620
Kenzie

Perfect size for my film stash!

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk