SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-04-08, 08:01 AM   #1
Alpinestarhero

Default Tinted Windows

It was brought up in the traffic cops thread, about tinted windows, and I've been meaning to put a thread up about tinted windows for some time (keep forgetting).

Anyway, does anyone else feel quite nervous when they see a car with tinted windows at a junction, about to pull out into your road? I hate cars with tinted windows, how do I know they have looked to see me? And when the rear windows are tinted, how can the drivers look through their rear-view mirror (the inside one attached to the roof) and see me out of the back? Sometimes i put my high-beam on just to attract a little bit of attention (not for long though).

I really don't like tinted windows.

And whats with people not using their mirrors? Some have missing mirrors, or leave their mirrors folded in. They obivoulsy dont use them, otherwise they would replace the mirror / unfold it

Matt
Old 24-04-08, 08:03 AM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: Tinted Windows

it's well bling tho innit blood
Old 24-04-08, 08:05 AM   #3
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

I had dark tinted windows on my van and granted yeah it does make it a little harder to see at night but it's not that hard to see through them. I never pulled out in front of anyone with them
Old 24-04-08, 08:07 AM   #4
gettin2dizzy

I think it's more of an issue to see if the driver has noticed you. I know the nervous feeling AH is talking about when a car is creeping forward and you haven't the foggiest if they're looking up the road in your direction
Old 24-04-08, 08:07 AM   #5
rigor

We have tinted rear passenger windows and rear window on our CRV. Seeing vehicles behind is no problem at all (apart from when the Dog sticks his head in the way )
Old 24-04-08, 08:09 AM   #6
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
I think it's more of an issue to see if the driver has noticed you. I know the nervous feeling AH is talking about when a car is creeping forward and you haven't the foggiest if they're looking up the road in your direction

But that feeling will be there whether the car has tinted windows or not wouldn't it?
Old 24-04-08, 08:12 AM   #7
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
But that feeling will be there whether the car has tinted windows or not wouldn't it?
But you can see the driver's head/face without tinted windows, I think that is the point
Old 24-04-08, 08:19 AM   #8
G
Mega Poster

Along time ago I used to have quite a heavy tint on my 306 windows on the rear quarters and back window, i then had a light tint on the front side windows.

It doesnt restrict view in the slightest.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-08, 08:27 AM   #9
gettin2dizzy

That girl in the RangeRover looked like such a tit. Why would anyone put up with someone so thick and demanding. She just looked like a moneygrabbing chav
Old 24-04-08, 08:40 AM   #10
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
But you can see the driver's head/face without tinted windows, I think that is the point

Just becuase the driver with the normal windows has looked in your direction doesn't mean they've seen you, with the tinted windows you will pretty much presume that the driver hasn't seen you and approach a bit more carefully