SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 05-02-10, 11:51 PM   #1
-Ralph-

Default Pro-moto

http://www.promoto.co.uk/

Anyone used them? Do they carry a lot of stock? Wonder if they'd stock aftermarket fork springs for the SV.
Old 06-02-10, 06:54 PM   #2
Icanopit

Default Re: Pro-moto

Hi Ralph, new kids on the block, no doubt as you have found the site as yet NOT fully functional also tried posting an enquiry again NOT functioning.
Looks as though you are seeking exactly the same as me, I mailed K-Tech 12 days ago NO response and they are only 20 minutes (fast ones) away from me.
It almost makes you think they dont want to take your money off you, heyho.
JOHN
Old 06-02-10, 08:04 PM   #3
-Ralph-

Oh FFS!

Because you just said K-Tech were 20 minutes from Nuneaton, I looked them up. They are in MOIRA (!!) exactly the village that I have been to today for the Madlanders lunch meet up arranged by Amanda and Zobers!

I was in Leeds yesterday, and didn't get time to go over to Bradford to get springs from the shop that sells the K-Tech ones on ebay. This morning I phoned ProMoto to see if they had any, but there was no answer, and today I RODE STRAIGHT PAST THE BLOODY MANUFACTURER without realising it.
Old 06-02-10, 08:16 PM   #4
Icanopit

Never mind Ralph, sure they would have been closed anyway???
Pleased you all had a good day, we were already commited sadly, sound's as though all enjoyed.
If I have any joy with obtaining springs I will pm you.
JOHN
Old 06-02-10, 08:27 PM   #5
Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Oh FFS!

Because you just said K-Tech were 20 minutes from Nuneaton, I looked them up. They are in MOIRA (!!) exactly the village that I have been to today for the Madlanders lunch meet up arranged by Amanda and Zobers!
Old 06-02-10, 08:36 PM   #6
zobers

lol Ralph. They are litterally round the corner too.
Old 06-02-10, 08:42 PM   #7
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icanopit View Post
Never mind Ralph, sure they would have been closed anyway???
Pleased you all had a good day, we were already commited sadly, sound's as though all enjoyed.
If I have any joy with obtaining springs I will pm you.
JOHN
Maybe, factory/workshop probably closed for sure, some places with a trade counter open Saturday mornings, so if I'd realised they were exactly where I was going I would have phoned to find out and made the effort to get there on time.

I'll give them a call next week.

Do you think we'd get a discount for buying two sets of springs, oil, etc?

Have you had your forks open before? I don't know what I'm doing really, it's going to be a case of read the workshop manual and get on with it. If you have done it before, I'd appreciate the opportunity to supply the beer and watch you when you do the job so I'm not so clueless when I do mine? If you are clueless too we could figure it out together, two heads better than one kind of thing?

Last edited by -Ralph-; 06-02-10 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-02-10, 11:16 PM   #8
Icanopit

Always worth a try for "bulk" buying, I am looking at .85 or .90nm linear springs but need their opinion first, whilst at it I am fitting RaceTech gold emulators.

Not had these forks apart yet but this link http://www.svrider.com/tips/emulators.htm
makes some VERY sensible reading, the later paragraphs are usefull if just fitting springs and oil (measuring new spacers IF needed).
Not at all fearfull of dismateling and putting back together it's just remembering where I placed the last thing I had in my hand's and what it might have been, it is an age thing.
I will give them a call on Monday or may even take a ride over there and take the good lady for lunch on the way back.
No problem at all with observation or assistance when it comes to fitting.
I will pm you when I have further information, NO second thoughts I will pm you my home telephone number.
JOHN
Old 07-02-10, 12:00 AM   #9
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icanopit View Post
Always worth a try for "bulk" buying, I am looking at .85 or .90nm linear springs but need their opinion first, whilst at it I am fitting RaceTech gold emulators.

Not had these forks apart yet but this link http://www.svrider.com/tips/emulators.htm
makes some VERY sensible reading, the later paragraphs are usefull if just fitting springs and oil (measuring new spacers IF needed).
Not at all fearfull of dismateling and putting back together it's just remembering where I placed the last thing I had in my hand's and what it might have been, it is an age thing.
I will give them a call on Monday or may even take a ride over there and take the good lady for lunch on the way back.
No problem at all with observation or assistance when it comes to fitting.
I will pm you when I have further information, NO second thoughts I will pm you my home telephone number.
JOHN
Hi John,

Thanks, got your PM, will reply with the same.

I'm also looking for 0.9 linear springs and 15wt oil. If replacement of fork seals is recommended for a 06 plate bike with 22k miles, then I'll get new seals as well. I've got the spring rate from racetech's calculator http://www.racetech.com/evalving/menu/searchstreet.asp
and read a lot about it so I'm fairly happy that I've got the right spec.

Since you need to speak to them on Monday to get advice anyway, do you want to ask them if they would consider a discount by clubbing together? If you go and visit them on Monday, and want to order it all there and then, call me and I'll give them a credit card no. over the phone.

Would be good to do the job together, I'm sure I'd manage it no problem, but it's just reassuring to have someone else around when you start ripping things apart! I have already taken the forks off the bike, so just need to throw them in the car.

Cheers

Col
Old 08-02-10, 08:53 PM   #10
Icanopit

Coils and oils now in stock ??
JOHN