SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-06-20, 01:54 PM   #8251
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Family quizzes. None of them know the etiquette of video calls and for some reason they insist on using Zoom, which is shoite! So glad the latest one is over and done with.
My extended family call me cyber security paranoid as I refuse to install anything that does not comply with my base requirements of end to end encryption. So no faceache messenger, zoom etc.

They say what does it matter? there is nothing to hide. But I wouldn't shift, safe in the knowledge that until those providers change their game I dont have to put up with family carp
Old 08-06-20, 02:06 PM   #8252
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
My son received a cheque for about 5 grand at the beginning of the month. It seems all his mates got them as well. The system worked for them. It seems it is all about your declared earnings within your last few tax returns that then decides how much you are entitled to.
Your correct Tim
It's based on the profit line (wages) of the tax return
So anyone that declares close to the base limit (tax free) gets under 1500 quid this time.

Mine was just sort of 3 grand

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 02:25 PM   #8253
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Yep. I made a loss when my business collapsed four years back and now I'm paying for that twice. Insult to injury.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 08:44 PM   #8254
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Customers! Started a kitchen refit on Tuesday last week, stripped out all the cabinets and the tiles (including a lot of plasterboard), Tuesday afternoon we had a lengthy discussion about electrics and what was required.
Electrician booked for Wednesday morning, all electrics altered to customer requirements.
Plasterer in Thursday and Friday to make good the walls and ceiling ready for me to start fitting cabinets today and they announce they've changed their minds and they would now like some under cabinet lighting
Old 09-06-20, 07:08 AM   #8255
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
Customers! Started a kitchen refit on Tuesday last week, stripped out all the cabinets and the tiles (including a lot of plasterboard), Tuesday afternoon we had a lengthy discussion about electrics and what was required.

Electrician booked for Wednesday morning, all electrics altered to customer requirements.

Plasterer in Thursday and Friday to make good the walls and ceiling ready for me to start fitting cabinets today and they announce they've changed their minds and they would now like some under cabinet lighting
Lol. That's additional cost right? They clearly have no idea how much extra work that will incur.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-20, 07:56 AM   #8256
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
Tell them to plug the under-cabinet lighting into a 13amp socket Otherwise it's ££££££'s

Now you know why doctors and surgeons make patients sign a consent form before they start work....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 09-06-20 at 07:58 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 06:12 PM   #8257
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

They want it on a 2 gang switch along with the main ceiling lights and yes it's going to be extra £££££££.
Old 12-06-20, 11:47 AM   #8258
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Given my redundancy notice yesterday. The first of many other folks I suspect, they are certainly having a cull in my firm. Bit of a bugger, as I think work will be hard to come by for a few months.

I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, I'm in a reasonable position. Just having a moan about it.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 11:51 AM   #8259
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Given my redundancy notice yesterday. The first of many other folks I suspect, they are certainly having a cull in my firm. Bit of a bugger, as I think work will be hard to come by for a few months.

I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, I'm in a reasonable position. Just having a moan about it.
Bugger Mike, sorry. Does it definitely apply to you or is it a org. wide notice?
Old 12-06-20, 11:54 AM   #8260
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Bugger Mike, sorry. Does it definitely apply to you or is it a org. wide notice?
Oh yeah, it applies. Had my consultation meeting yesterday. 30 days and I'm gone.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote