SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-01-08, 02:05 AM   #1
PsychoCannon

Default Another bike stolen

Well I just moved to Milton Keynes from Luton and not been here much gone a month and the scum have already stolen my bike from outside as I was in the front room =/.

Went to run out the door and they actually barricaded our front door so by the time I managed to get out they were off and gone.

Very ****ed off, only just got a job after a long period unemployed so I'm still in a crap money situation and I'm currently contracting, now can't get into work and I don't get paid for days off =/.

Police as usual can't do anything as we didn't see anything they can use (heavy vehicle with a bike going spastic heading for the A5 isn't good enough apparently).
Old 03-01-08, 02:13 AM   #2
PsychoCannon

Default Re: Another bike stolen

Anyone know if I can try to get a like for like replacement from my Insurance or will I have to go with the no doubt ludicrously low amount they offer to pay me =/
Gutted as I just got my insurance down below the 1000 mark for 3F&T after a couple of vandals and theft attempts before I move :sigh:
Old 03-01-08, 03:18 AM   #3
easter

hi sorry to here bad news, someone tampered with my fellas bike during our summer hols. caused a lot of damage, the insurance paid for the repairs but im not sure about if its stolen? we had a thing called gap insurance a few years ago that makes up the shortfall.
good look and i hope they get their just deserves
Old 03-01-08, 07:27 AM   #4
Stig

Gutted for you dude.

Insurance wise. I think it depends on the insurance company and what you have listed as part of your insurance. Normally it's just going to be a pay out. In some cases I have heard of people getting hire bikes until the claim is settled. But as far as I know, you'll be hit with the charges as you'll be claiming from your own insurance.
Old 03-01-08, 08:19 AM   #5
Well Oiled

Sorry for your trouble mate - that's a real bummer, especially when you need it for a job where you're only paid for the hours you are there.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Cheers Keith
Old 03-01-08, 08:42 AM   #6
Alpinestarhero

Ah crap, sorry to hear this dude. Not sure what you can do, but I hope you get the situation sorted out.

So what bike should we be looking for?

Matt
Old 03-01-08, 09:25 AM   #7
PsychoCannon

Blue SV650s K3 just serviced, taxed and with a powered sat nav holder on the left bar =/
Just gone and got contents insurance incase the ******** come back for the sat nav and other goodies *sigh* no where is safe anymore.
Old 03-01-08, 09:27 AM   #8
Alpinestarhero

Ok, will keep an eye out - milton keynes isnt a million miles away. Perhaps you can keep your next bike indoors? Hopefully your SV will be recovered though eh?

How did you have it chained up? Theres a guy round here with a fazer, and he just parks his bike outside his window, no lock on it (except the steering lock), no cover, just there. I can't understand how he can trust people not to touch it; mines locked up pretty secure (i think so, anyway)

Matt
Old 03-01-08, 09:28 AM   #9
plowsie

reg? I was thinkin of goin MK in a couple of days so will keep an eye out for one, live just down the road and work closer
Old 03-01-08, 09:30 AM   #10
jambo
Mega Poster

Oh Bum!

Sorry to hear this it's gotta be an absolutely horrible feeling! Usually insurance company will just pay out. Budget a couple of weeks at least before they agree to a number and post you a cheque. SOmetimes they wait longer to make sure it's not coming back.....

Hiring a bike's expensive, I might be inclined to buy your next bike on finance / credit / loan and pay it off when you get your payout.