SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-02-21, 02:30 PM   #9231
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
So when you, your family or friends need an organ and you don't believe in donating, you won't take one? And will leave it to someone who will donate theirs when they're gone.

The only thing i wouldn't donate is eyes. The rest of it they can have to help others live. I don't need them when i'm dead.
Will wait for lab grown organs made from own DNA, having a transplant is the start of life living with immune system suppression drugs to stop your body rejecting the donated tissue, that leave recipient prey to all kinds of infections.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 03:14 PM   #9232
ethariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Will wait for lab grown organs made from own DNA, having a transplant is the start of life living with immune system suppression drugs to stop your body rejecting the donated tissue, that leave recipient prey to all kinds of infections.
Still, it's better than the permanent alternative...... (That and coughing up £2.5k for a veneered box the burn or bury your remains in)
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 05:34 PM   #9233
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i dont mind donating my organs if i choose too but being forced to donate unless i take time out to opt out is not a donation this constitutes as mandatory.

i as a member of the public should not need to opt out of anything.
The way I understand it (from an English point of view, so it may be different up North) is that you are not making the donation, your family is. Both before and after the change, it's not legally binding, just a way of indicating preference.

Talking about it with your family is the best thing to do, whether you would like to donate or not.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 07:37 PM   #9234
Bibio
Mega Poster

what about those that have not opted out and no next of kin and dont want to mandatory have organs/tissue removed?

this is a new law. it affects everyone apart from children.

we should not have to opt out of anything no matter if the cause is good or not. donation is a choice.

whats next.... mandatory chromosome testing and if found to be ''insert sex'' you get gender manipulation.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 09:12 PM   #9235
svenrico

Heard on the radio today some government spokesperson being quoted as saying now is the ideal time to 'reorganise' the NHS. !!!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 09:22 PM   #9236
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Nowhere near as bad as when Labour said 9/11 was a good day to bury bad news?
Old 11-02-21, 09:37 PM   #9237
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
So when you, your family or friends need an organ and you don't believe in donating, you won't take one? And will leave it to someone who will donate theirs when they're gone.

The only thing i wouldn't donate is eyes. The rest of it they can have to help others live. I don't need them when i'm dead.
Why not eyes, why will you need eyes when you are dead ?!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 08:54 AM   #9238
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Heard on the radio today some government spokesperson being quoted as saying now is the ideal time to 'reorganise' the NHS. !!!
From the government point of view it is, the staff are too exhausted and too busy to check the proposals and object anything untoward. We will have to rely on opposition politicians for that or interested citizens who are experts in the field. I don't even understand how it runs at the moment, let alone what the proposals will mean. If the Tories want to 'reorganise' the NHS now, I think its bound to be a bad thing for us and good for their mates who run private health businesses.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 09:29 AM   #9239
Craig380
Mega Poster

Indeed. The whole point of the NHS' current structure is that there is a border between Government and the NHS to stop ministerial meddling (like Jeremy CHunt).

Unfortunately, a lot of people will swallow the line of 'putting it under closer control of the Government will safeguard it from being privatised.'
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 10:43 AM   #9240
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
IIRC the opt out / presumed consent was only introduced in England last year, Wales have had it for a while though, wonder if Sheep and cows can opt out of steak and kidney pies ?
Hmm, maybe it was just discussed/proposed 10 (ish) years ago , or maybe that's when Wales did it.