SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-11-07, 04:43 PM   #21
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default Re: GSX-R Stuff.

Will the rear swingarm fit??? (Please someone, tell me it will)

He's offering me the rear wheel, swing arm and shock for peanuts!

He didn't have the top yoke or clip-ons for it like he thought but I got an added bonus in that it off of the ltd edition 600 which I believe has better forks (correct me if I'm wrong).

As another added bonus, once the deal was done and we'd got it outside, he noticed it had a carbon fibre mudgaurd!!

Here's some pics:

So go on, how much do ya think I paid for it?

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.

Last edited by phil24_7; 08-11-07 at 04:46 PM.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 04:47 PM   #22
Flamin_Squirrel

Just keep the SV swing arm/wheel. Cheaper for tyres if nothing else.
Old 08-11-07, 04:50 PM   #23
Biker_Billy

£2.99?
Old 08-11-07, 05:08 PM   #24
northwind
Mega Poster

I'll say £400. The suspension's no better or worse than the usual GSXR on the ltd ed, but don't worry, that's still good for a production bike. Swingarm will fit, if you cut it completely half and weld it back together the right shape for an SV with a new linkage mount

Wonder what discs those are, they're very nice.
But we're oh so easily swayed"

Last edited by northwind; 08-11-07 at 05:16 PM.
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 06:16 PM   #25
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I believe they're the standard disk's for the Ltd edtion. Everything is standard I think.

Even the tyre's got loads of tread not that it's much use to me as I'll be getting a 70 profile when I fit it.

I paid £275 for it all as I couldn't rip him off, but I can get some other stuff off him for next to nothing! (You know anyone that needs a fuel tank, rear wheel or swing arm!)

He's got rear plastic and a rear shock that I think I may have off him for my SV, but not sure yet!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 08-11-07, 06:19 PM   #26
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Oh, and the disks are SunStar and have hardly any wear on them at all, though the pads will need replacing. (what pads would you recommend Northy?)

Old 08-11-07, 06:20 PM   #27
Flamin_Squirrel

You did rip him off, the forks are worth that alone! (Ya lucky git)

70 profile tyre is standard on the GSX-R, so really that's what should be on the wheel?
Old 08-11-07, 06:29 PM   #28
phil24_7
Mega Poster

You are correct Northy, tyre is a 70 profile.

The stearing damper that's on them, should I fit it to my bike or take it off and flog it?

Old 08-11-07, 06:33 PM   #29
plowsie

Got a damper on mine, same place as it is there. Not sure the effects really but it keeps me happy to know its there. How much he want for the rear plastics lol?
Old 08-11-07, 06:45 PM   #30
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I'm thinking about the plastics, recon I could have the whole back-end (plastics, sub-frame, rear wheel and swing arm) for a ton!!!