SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 17-02-08, 06:18 PM   #1
Alpinestarhero

Default Good Riding Roads?

I live in north london with Maria, and whilst Im now used to lundun riding, I am upset that I don't know any nice country roads. So, where can I head out to for good roads, without heading south to my home county of sussex? I live near enfield. Can anyone recommend any roads near, that are easy to get to? I dont mind having to ride through a bit of town to get there, but not through 30 miles to get to the roads I know!

I need some twisties, and I need 'em...next week, maybe

Matt
Old 17-02-08, 08:45 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Good Riding Roads?

Well Matt, the good news is that there are quite a few roads out your way and over into hertfordshire etc.

The bad news is that i wpouldnt be able to name a single one of them even tho i know ive ridden over that way. My problem is that i dont pay attention to where i am going or what road i'm on if i'm following someone i know and trust. I also have a great sense of direction so i dont care if i get lost as i know i'll find my way back matter where i end up.

But all of that dont help with your quest but i'm sure somone more knowledgealbe than me will be along shortly to offer some decent advice
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 08:49 PM   #3
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Yep same, well i tried to do one today "whipsnade way, over the hill and down to the pub one", i messed it up a bit, did it in reverse somehow, oh well, mabey next time ile get it right.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 09:47 PM   #4
metalmonkey

Matt I'm from Herts/Bucks so I know the area quite well I tend go up around there to ride as well, I'm gonna go looking for some new routes later this year....I know nice country road road to Thame, so nr to Oxford I can back from there quite few different ways Depends on where you wanna go.....

Ypu can't get to lost around there I tend to have a rought idea of where I am whenever I go out, leant to drive around there as well.

Have head out there at some point, summer is coming u know!
Old 17-02-08, 09:56 PM   #5
rictus01
Mega Poster

Perhaps also a clarification on what you think a "good road" is, I mean I used to quit like a challenging bit of B road blatting, where as others are more your sweeping A272 types ?, takes all sorts, would offer to take you out up that way as my family still live in the area and I know it very well, but Knee thing stops me at the moment, give me a shout though once Biking is back on my agenda (some really good stuff out Epping way and can always vector in a stop for a brew at High Beaches).

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-08, 12:58 PM   #6
Alpinestarhero

Rictus, you made a good point there. I like tight and twisty B roads as long as they arn't too bumpy; but yea, the A272-type sweeping roads are my favorite, suit the way I ride more I think.

I'm really after anything that has corners on it that arn't mostly those of roundabouts...

And spidey, thanks mate Maybe when its nice some of you good folks will do the the great service of leading me gently along some of your favorite routes?

Matt
Old 18-02-08, 01:31 PM   #7
Jester666

Sir Sid Squid & Sir Rictus know all the good roads.

Talk to them, Rictus for fast country blasts and Squid for 'interesting' runs through Herts and Essex. Just watch out for the gravel that Squid loves so much!
Old 18-02-08, 01:33 PM   #8
Fizzy Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
Just watch out for the gravel that Squid loves so much!
i have a theory that he actually carries a small gravel dispensing device hidden on his bike while he's riding at the front, to add a bit more entertainment to rideouts...
Old 18-02-08, 01:47 PM   #9
Jester666

Maybe it was following Sid that helped me in the Lydden gravel traps!!
Old 18-02-08, 01:56 PM   #10
anna
Mega Poster

Sid Squid ONLY knows roads with gravel on them
anna is offline   Reply With Quote