SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-01-06, 11:08 PM   #1
svrash

Default How do i diagnose...........

.....a bad cam chain tenser?

Got a rattle coming from the right side of the bike under Acceleration and have fixed all other possibles (i think)

HELP
Old 18-01-06, 11:46 PM   #2
Graham

I replaced the tensioners and the chains without success, The noise seems to be coming from the clutch basket. If it's coming from the right hand side it could be the same.
Old 19-01-06, 01:13 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

CCT (actually CCT adjuster) is usually most obvious at idle or on dropping revs... If you want, I can pull a tensioner off my other engine and you can fit it up, see if it helps? But to be honest I don't know if they're any good either.

It's usually the front tensioner that goes bad, btw, the back one gets more oil- seems to account for it. But that's really on the left of the bike, and is usually audible all round, not just on the right. (most of the sound comes out the cam cover, I think)
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote