Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
a squid going down a buttered slide
Old 04-08-09, 06:00 PM   #32
joshmac

Default Re: Bigup to the Markers today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya View Post
Again, what a brilliant day and not a single crash on the rideout! AWESOME!
Only just

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
though I don't know why it took you so long to get her to the fuel stop!
It was a combination of waiting for me while I stopped to try and relax and then Spidey having to go back.
Old 04-08-09, 07:06 PM   #33
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmac View Post
Only just

It was a combination of waiting for me while I stopped to try and relax and then Spidey having to go back.
To add a note of seriousness to this for a moment . . .

. . . IMO Josh you did EXACTLY the right thing - it's all too easy to carry on (especially when you're riding with others) and try to 'ride through it' when all that actually happens is that you keep dwelling on the "what if..." & it all goes pear shaped even more.
Old 04-08-09, 07:44 PM   #34
joshmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post
To add a note of seriousness to this for a moment . . .

. . . IMO Josh you did EXACTLY the right thing - it's all too easy to carry on (especially when you're riding with others) and try to 'ride through it' when all that actually happens is that you keep dwelling on the "what if..." & it all goes pear shaped even more.
We were about 10 mins at most from the lunch stop when I had my moment. I pulled in behind Jamie (he was marking the T-junction after) but he said we were really close to lunch so I waited.

After lunch I sat in front of Spidey at the back of the pack. Had to stop again on the leg after lunch (not long before the junction Baldyman was marking when his bike broke down. It's amazing how much something like that can mess with your head.

I seem to have re-gained a lot of the confidence I had before ('though that wasn't until the Sunday night when we went to the chinese).
Old 05-08-09, 12:11 AM   #35
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Only just
you did good mate, we all have those every now and then. it's a shame as you were riding really well too. you dealt well with it what happened too. glad to here your pretty much back to how you were, i've not been feeling all that confident since my off on the blade and it finally seemed to come back mostly on that last damp section of the rideout.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-09, 12:20 AM   #36
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
I seem to have re-gained a lot of the confidence I had before ('though that wasn't until the Sunday night when we went to the chinese).
And how did you feel when we went home the wrong way and did the Burham Bends again but this time both fully laden up?
And how was the rest of the ride home for you?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-09, 04:57 PM   #37
joshmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
And how did you feel when we went home the wrong way and did the Burham Bends again but this time both fully laden up?
And how was the rest of the ride home for you?
I felt relieved 'cause I would'nt have made it to Asda. Barely had enough petrol to get to the petrol station after the Burnham bends
As for the ride there, it wasn't too bad at all apart from my bike stutering mid-corner on a few of them due to running on fumes. Handled a bit differently to the other times I've done those bends though, but I soon got used to it.

Rest of the ride home was alright. 'Though the M25 was stationary for a fair few miles. Being a hot day, car drivers were opening their doors to keep cool/go for a stroll. That was an interesting experience. Loud horn and cans really came into their element