SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-04-09, 11:28 AM   #1
wizurd

Default For anyone that likes Star Trek

Ok at the risk of being labelled a trekky thought i'd say that the new film is really good!!!!

Saw it at a free preview screening in Cardiff last night.

Fantastic film, the graphics are amazing and look realistic unlike some films where the cgi is unbelievable.

The characters are really good, all of them are really good "copies" of the people they are supposed to be representing (ie Kirk, Bones, Chekov). Even Simon Pegg as Scotty aint bad. Maybe if he'd appeared more in the film it would have ground on me a bit, but as it was it worked really well i think.

The story line has a bit of a twist and the 2hours rushed by real quick.

I'm not a Star Trek expert and i'm sure there's holes in it and some trekkies might not like it but i'd def say its worth a view.

8.2 out of 10 on imdb aint bad either.
Old 29-04-09, 11:30 AM   #2
Venom

Default Re: For anyone that likes Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizurd View Post
Ok at the risk of being labelled a trekky thought i'd say that the new film is really good!!!!

Fantastic film, the graphics are amazing and look realistic unlike some films where the cgi is unbelievable.

The characters are really good, all of them are really good "copies" of the people they are supposed to be representing (ie Kirk, Bones, Chekov). Even Simon Pegg as Scotty aint bad. Maybe if he'd appeared more in the film it would have ground on me a bit, but as it was it worked really well i think.

I'm not a Star Trek expert and i'm sure there's holes in it and some trekkies might not like it but i'd def say its worth a view.

Excellent! Can't wait!
Old 29-04-09, 11:30 AM   #3
Marshall

going to be booking my tickets to see it at the IMAX asap, cant wait
Old 29-04-09, 11:39 AM   #4
wizurd

The reviews on imdb are more articulate than mine but it did rock. Nice big action sequence at the beginning really set the scene. Only thing is that they could of made more of the bad guy Nero. Could have been more threatening.

O and Uhura (played by Zoe Saldana), fit as !!!
Old 29-04-09, 04:29 PM   #5
ThEGr33k

Definatly be going to see this. Looks like a great film. Wonder if it will spawn some more!? I know they said after Enterprise the franchise was dead.

Still think TNG should still be going
Old 30-04-09, 11:30 AM   #6
wizurd

Well cause of the story line they could do a whole load more films now without screwing up all the original films.
Old 30-04-09, 12:36 PM   #7
Kinvig

Yeah, gotta go see this at some point (and Wolverine, too)!

Could be a good summer for cinema!
Old 30-04-09, 12:37 PM   #8
Rai86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizurd View Post

Im soo looking forward to watching it
Old 30-04-09, 04:37 PM   #9
Alpinestarhero

im gonna keep and eye out for subtitled vewings so me and maria can go and watch it
Old 30-04-09, 05:04 PM   #10
Ping

I'm looking forward to seeing it.