SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-04-08, 10:52 AM   #1
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default I would like to report one of your Officers

I was recently driving in my car when a black fiesta in the outer lane to me blew his horn and motioned to me to hang up my phone.
(now I drive very rarely & use a mobile almost never, so waste your breath flaming me if you want, but on this occasion I wanted to. The car is an automatic so arguably i would not be anymore short of a spare hand than someone in a manual using a handsfree - I agree that the act of being on the phone is the distraction, but that is not what's illegal)
Anyway on to the story - I put the phone down for a bit then carried on with my phone conversation. A long time later the same car pulls along side me & the driver identifies himself as a Police Office showing me his badge (in a wallet) he then proceeds to drive off on his merry way at speeds (on my speedo) of 90-95mph.
So is that a very good example to set? Should I report him?
EG03 FXD
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 10:56 AM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: I would like to report one of your Officers

Nah, too many people watching over us already. Don't join the ranks
Old 10-04-08, 10:59 AM   #3
wyrdness

If you report him, you'd have to admit that you were driving whilst on the phone. They could then take you to court where you could be fined up to £1000 and get points on your licence.

So in answer to your question, yes report him
Old 10-04-08, 10:59 AM   #4
husky03
Mega Poster

For what- speeding?-no one to back your claim up, and would you then neglect to mention that this started because you were using your mobile whilst driving?-3 points and sixty bangers-nope let it go, he's probably just a new copper who still thinks that he's superman-couple of months in the job and he'll come back to normal.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 11:00 AM   #5
G
Mega Poster

All the wannabe police around here drive around in black fiesta's and silver 206's.......it was probably just one of them. At a distance you cant tell the difference between a Special Constable badge and a real one.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 11:00 AM   #6
timwilky
Mega Poster

I think you got plod off work or too high and mighty to get involved in a traffic offence and he gave you a bit of a warning.

TBH. Consider yourself lucky. Then again he may well report your number when he gets back to the office
Old 10-04-08, 11:34 AM   #7
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Stuff
Sorry Stu, but no amount of disclaiming and justification can cover the fact that you were being an Ar$3 and doing exactly what we all complain about.

Count yourself lucky you didnt get the point/fine and stop moaning.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 11:34 AM   #8
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
I think you got plod off work or too high and mighty to get involved in a traffic offence and he gave you a bit of a warning.

TBH. Consider yourself lucky. Then again he may well report your number when he gets back to the office
You see I would be very receptive to a warning, no need to stop & I come away with thinking, awh aren't Police wonderful, they can tell you off in an adult manner without resorting to inconveniencing or fining me. But no, I come away thinking he's just a holier than thou nob that's driving arguably more dangerously than me & trying to tell me off

Reporting him was not going to happen. I'm sure there's nothing he can do now if he didn't stop me at the time (unless I made an issue of it)
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 12:21 PM   #9
Viney
Mega Poster

I have sent a copy of this thread to my mate whos a copper, He'll be in touch soon
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 12:25 PM   #10
hovis

stu, you were lucky not to get fined/points etc.

i would leave it at that.

and dont do it again