SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-04-06, 07:48 AM   #31
Moo

Possible suspect Northwind looking for revenge after his forgetfullness.
Old 21-04-06, 07:58 AM   #32
Viney
Mega Poster

It could have been worse..... It could have been my bike!

Glad you have the bint. Stitch her right up and convisgate(sp?) her licence
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-06, 08:24 AM   #33
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl
and by sounds of everyones stories it;s only a matter of time before some eejit bumps you. or i could do what a mate has done and taken it off the paddock stand with the side stand up...
It's ok, not all car drivers are out to knock your bike on it's side. I for one have never had my bike fall over because of anybody else.
Drops that I caused are a different matter, I've done loads of them.

Bad luck dude, I got the impression you weren't exactly having a good week as it was. Hopefully she'll back in good condition for the summer, though.
Old 21-04-06, 10:37 AM   #34
Iansv

Commiserations Scoobs, at least you know who it was
Old 21-04-06, 11:13 AM   #35
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Well I have reported it and everything this morning. Due to it having a bent clutch lever it is considered to be un-roadworthy, therefore, I am being given a hire bike. Think I'll go for a 'blade then!

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-06, 11:28 AM   #36
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs
Well I have reported it and everything this morning. Due to it having a bent clutch lever it is considered to be un-roadworthy, therefore, I am being given a hire bike. Think I'll go for a 'blade then!
hopefully you won't get the same result as the flood victims got when the company car park got flooded (insurance didnt cover most on the privately owned car park
Old 21-04-06, 11:37 AM   #37
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarko5
Quote:
hopefully you won't get the same result as the flood victims got when the company car park got flooded (insurance didnt cover most on the privately owned car park
Shut up!

That is what I don't want to hear.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-06, 01:33 PM   #38
Anonymous

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Shut up!

Its a serious point though scoobs... tell her that if the insurance doesnt cover it, you will persue it through court unless she coughs up front.
Old 21-04-06, 01:46 PM   #39
amarko5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Shut up!

I know you don't want to hear it mate neither did the 200 odd work colleagues who got nada zilch zip for their motors just making you aware it could be a possibility.

don't shoot the messenger
Old 21-04-06, 02:55 PM   #40
Ceri JC

Sorry to hear this. Glad you found out who it was/they had the decency to come forward. When my bike was damaged in work's car park, I never got to find out (well, for certain, I have a pretty good idea who it was; just no proof). I know how frustrating it is. Even when it's cut and dry and their insurer is paying out, it's still a faff to do the assesment of damage, get repair quotes, fill in the forms etc.