SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-01-09, 12:35 AM   #51
tony_sv650sy

Default Re: Why do my lights get brighter when I rev the engine?

In theory its quite simple, but trying to explain it to someone on a message board is a nightmare. There are some good explanations on here and some bad ones. So my advice to you, and im an electrical/electronics engineer, is take it to someone that knows, they will be able to tell you what if anything is wrong. If it costs you 10 or 20 quid for someone to look at it for you at least you'll have peace of mind.

I know it in my head, but i couldnt write down how it all works lol
Old 17-01-09, 09:49 AM   #52
Baldyman

PLEASE!... My question is NOT why do my lights get brighter when I rev the engine!!!!

My question is why does the bottom half of the LEDs on my K3 rear light get brighter than the top half when I rev and more so when the indicators are working and I rev the engine.
I half suspect a loose connection or bad earth, but comments have been made on this thread that it may be a common fault on K3-K6 models and the light unit just needs changing.

Thanks
Leigh
Old 17-01-09, 09:58 AM   #53
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyman View Post
PLEASE!... My question is NOT why do my lights get brighter when I rev the engine!!!!

My question is why does the bottom half of the LEDs on my K3 rear light get brighter than the top half when I rev and more so when the indicators are working and I rev the engine.
I half suspect a loose connection or bad earth, but comments have been made on this thread that it may be a common fault on K3-K6 models and the light unit just needs changing.

Thanks
Leigh
K3-K4 models - haven't heard of any K4 onwards having this problem.

So if looking for a second hand replacement, make sure it came off a K5 onwards bike, K6 to be doubly sure as I am positive that some of the early K5's had enough K4 parts in (just like K8's will have K7 bits) - of course the change to a better design/unit MAY have take place early on in the K4 production run - in fact it may be K3 only and early K4's had those.... but all rather convoluted speculation

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-09, 10:12 AM   #54
Baldyman

Thanks SK, K5 onwards it is