SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-04-06, 10:31 PM   #1
GooseSVSK2

Default at last a good mechanic in london!!

Okay this is going to sound like an advert but its not!!! I am just in a good mood about being able to write a positive note instead of a rant about ****e service! indulge me! A few weeks ago I asked you lot if youknew of a good mechanic in london. Several replies later I gave this guy a try. Rob Berrington Smith in Ealing, west London just did the 32K service on my bike, as well as fitting the wavey discs I bought of Svrash,and pads, and replacing all my dashboard bulbs( long ago blown), for £360. I consider this a good price. Two years ago George White in Slough (who are also really good IMHO) charged me £420 for the identical 16k service alone.
Rob rang me up halfway through to check on what I did/ didn't want done. I got the call as soon as it was ready ( this afternoon, I get it back tomorrow yeehaarr!)
All in all very satisfied, you couldn't meet a more helpful bloke, and a fair price.

Jelster you speak the truth... see you on the rideout.

Rob Berrington-Smith 07734915536
Old 06-04-06, 07:02 AM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

How much???

I have never paid anywhere near either of those 2 prices and thats a suzuki main dealer.

Glad you had a good spervice and where happy dude.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 07:32 AM   #3
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
How much???

I have never paid anywhere near either of those 2 prices and thats a suzuki main dealer.

When was the last time you actually took your bike in for a service Viney ?? You do most of your own I believe. Prices are up around the £40 per hour mark these days (most Suzuki dealers are more). And there was more than just the service, and then all the bits...

Defensive I may be, but the service you get is way above what I have seen from any dealer in West London....

Goose, pleased to of been of help.

Old 06-04-06, 07:51 AM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
How much???

When was the last time you actually took your bike in for a service Viney ?? You do most of your own I believe. Prices are up around the £40 per hour mark these days (most Suzuki dealers are more). And there was more than just the service, and then all the bits...

Defensive I may be, but the service you get is way above what I have seen from any dealer in West London....

Goose, pleased to of been of help.

Labour rate has always been £38 at my dealer, probabaly up to around 42 ish i reckon. Even so thats only gonna put about £30-45£ on my bill, which on my dearest service (The last one) Would have still only brout it to around the 260 mark. Just seems very expensive. And the last service i just took it in. De sieze the calipers, new pads, etc etc

My Sv gets serviced every 4-5k possibly 6 if im skint!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 11:16 AM   #5
Fizzy Fish

I've always found Rob's pricing to be very reasonable vs other bike shops - and especially so given the quality of his work / piece of mind that he doesn't cut corners
Old 07-04-06, 11:26 PM   #6
jkchops

I live in Ealing and go to 'Getbike' to get my bike serviced. They have been really helpful for me so i cant complain.
Old 07-04-06, 11:33 PM   #7
Stig

Oh I thought from your title you was going to say that you had your bike serviced at Dr Squids.
Old 09-04-06, 10:28 PM   #8
GooseSVSK2

Default oh yes i forgot..

oh yes i forgot, he MOT'd it as well. I just felt like he was thorough and seemed really on the level. Bike feels grrrrrrreat.
Old 10-04-06, 08:08 PM   #9
speedySV

I'm due a 16k service. Is Mr. R B-S shop based or mobile?
Old 10-04-06, 10:12 PM   #10
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedySV
I'm due a 16k service. Is Mr. R B-S shop based or mobile?
He has a workshop in Hanwell, near Ealing - 07734 915536